Cant believe no one is talking about the CREW 70's mod........

Old October 14th 05, 09:19 PM
Bruce Kennewell

EA's "F1 Challenge, '99 - '02"

Bruce

Old October 16th 05, 10:38 PM
gcorrigan

Default Cant believe no one is talking about the CREW 70's mod........

Does include some period tracks Bruce, and yes Norchliffe is one of
them, so is Monza. and AJ's in it to in the Heaketh

cheers

Glenn

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 06:19:55 +1000, "Bruce Kennewell"

Old October 17th 05, 12:26 AM
Dave Henrie

Took me about 5 tries to get it dloaded. Big file.
dh
Old October 17th 05, 12:54 AM
gcorrigan

But I know your a purist Dave, and I always value your opinions, so
What did you think of it?

I guess it almost expected these days but the way they have moddelled
each car with unique sounds, handling/feel etc is just great to me.
Depending on mood I can drive anything from the 312T to BRM. The
textures and windshiled details are just outstanding.
I know I am raving a bit, and sound like a paid political announcemnt
for this mod (that's if you had to pay for it) but Ijust think its
amazing.

cheers

Glenn

Old October 17th 05, 04:06 AM
jason moyer

They did a good job, but I refuse to support mod groups that are too
arrogant to use the default menu structure for F1 seasons. I can kinda
sports car mods using launchers and an independent file structure in
order to keep things configured optimally for their series, but there's
no reason for an F1 mod to be such bloatware.

Old October 17th 05, 04:45 AM
gcorrigan

Maybe the guys who spent countless hours buiding this mod to give to
the community for free can live without your "support" Jason.

Old October 17th 05, 04:47 AM
jason moyer

gcorrigan wrote:

> Maybe the guys who spent countless hours buiding this mod to give to
> the community for free can live without your "support" Jason.

Of course they can, they have plenty of other people willing to kiss
their asses. Welcome to the "mod community".

Old October 17th 05, 05:07 AM
Bruce Kennewell

How ironic; for the personal reason you have given, your refusal to support
somebody whom *you* class as arrogant is arrogance in itself!!

Bruce.

ups.com...

Old October 17th 05, 07:17 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Applauding the work that either an individual or a team has put together,
and which piques our interest enough to download and install, is not kissing
anyone's arse, Jason, and the sooner you drop the attitude and get rid of
the enormous cynical chip that sits upon your shoulder, the world will be a
better place.

Bruce

oups.com...

Old October 17th 05, 09:56 AM
Jeff Reid

>> ...I refuse to support mod groups that are too arrogant to use ....

> How ironic; for the personal reason you have given, your refusal to support
> somebody whom *you* class as arrogant is arrogance in itself!!

Is Jason of French descent?