Car Values

Old August 6th 05, 09:34 PM
Bill Berckman

Default Car Values

Check out this link and see what someone thinks his car is worth.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=205764

I had my car for sale for $2395.00 and it did not sell and had it on
Ebay with a $2000 reserve and it did not sell. This guy wants $14500
for his beat up old car because he is calling it the Rat Look. I will
throw some mud on my car and sell it for $10,000 as the Rat Look if
this guy gets $14500 for his

Old August 6th 05, 11:42 PM
Charles @ Kankakee

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Check out this link and see what someone thinks his car is worth.
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=205764
>
> I had my car for sale for $2395.00 and it did not sell and had it on
> Ebay with a $2000 reserve and it did not sell. This guy wants $14500
> for his beat up old car because he is calling it the Rat Look. I will
> throw some mud on my car and sell it for $10,000 as the Rat Look if
> this guy gets $14500 for his

I might give him 14500 Stonesylvania Krupegs for it. Dare I ask what these
people are on? It sure ain't the good stuff.

Charles of Kankakee

Old August 6th 05, 11:43 PM
remco

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Check out this link and see what someone thinks his car is worth.
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=205764
>
> I had my car for sale for $2395.00 and it did not sell and had it on
> Ebay with a $2000 reserve and it did not sell. This guy wants $14500
> for his beat up old car because he is calling it the Rat Look. I will
> throw some mud on my car and sell it for $10,000 as the Rat Look if
> this guy gets $14500 for his

Maybe he thinks people still pay in Lire? Ten bucks sounds about right

Seriously, it could be a 1/4 mile killer but why go through the trouble of
tricking out a car out and then make it look like crap?
I don't get it..

Remco

Old August 7th 05, 12:49 AM
Funkie

:-$ Dont u get it? Its a theme car. A sleeper!

Old August 7th 05, 01:23 AM
Remco

Funkie wrote:
> :-$ Dont u get it? Its a theme car. A sleeper!

Wow -- All this time I've been working on two classic theme bugs?
This must be what it feels like to have two Stradivariuses or two
Rembrandts sitting around in the attic!!

Thanks for the clar-uh-fication
Remco

Old August 7th 05, 02:26 AM
Vicki O'

I think I may need to seek professional help. I bought my '66 bug for
$1500, but wouldn't even consider selling her for $2500 - even though in the
first 2 months of ownership she insisted on getting a lift back home, on a
rollback, (I guess she was tired) a total of 5 times! (she's spoiled) Even
after 3 hours of pushing her up and back a dirt road trying to get her
push-started, with my old man threatening to leave us both for good. I just
hitched a ride to the nearest phone to call for a truck. After reading this
post, I found myself considering whether I'd sell her for $15,000.... After
about 5 minutes of pondering, reality reared it's way-too-ugly head, and I
realized - I NEED HELP! ;^)
~Vicki

oups.com...

Old August 7th 05, 02:35 AM
johnboy

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Check out this link and see what someone thinks his car is worth.
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=205764

It's ugly, but it runs like a mink.

Old August 7th 05, 03:00 AM
Tim Rogers

"johnboy" > wrote in message

> It's ugly, but it runs like a mink.

...............Yeah. And running the quarter in the 12's with a bug doesn't
come cheap.

If I had your money, I'd buy it.

Old August 7th 05, 03:28 AM
remco

"Vicki O'" > wrote in message
. ..
> I think I may need to seek professional help. I bought my '66 bug for
> $1500, but wouldn't even consider selling her for $2500 - even though in

the
> first 2 months of ownership she insisted on getting a lift back home, on a
> rollback, (I guess she was tired) a total of 5 times! (she's spoiled)

Even
> after 3 hours of pushing her up and back a dirt road trying to get her
> push-started, with my old man threatening to leave us both for good. I

just
> hitched a ride to the nearest phone to call for a truck. After reading

this
> post, I found myself considering whether I'd sell her for $15,000....

After
> about 5 minutes of pondering, reality reared it's way-too-ugly head, and I
> realized - I NEED HELP! ;^)
> ~Vicki

Professional help? Nah, all you need is a little time, a good repair manual,
some decent tools, a direct line to Speedy Jim or Jan and you'll figure out
what to do so she won't leave you stranded again....

Oh, you meant the "other" kind of "professional help"?
I think someone willing to pay $15000 for a bug needs professional help. So,
when this person comes up to you to buy your bug, ask him where he goes.
Anyone asking that kind of money probably needs help too because you can't
get back what you stuck in the project.

If someone offered me $15000 for one of my bugs, I'd sell it - Sure! I might
need professional help for liking my bug but am not insane: This way I can
get another basketcase bug but this time will be able to buy whatever I need
in one shot!
(Of course, I'd probably have to use some of that $15000 to move -- don't
want a nut case like that knowing where I live..

Even if I decided to not sell, I'd still need help. Let me know if you find
a good head shrinker.

Remco

Old August 7th 05, 03:39 AM
remco

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
> "johnboy" > wrote in message
> >
> > It's ugly, but it runs like a mink.
> >

> ..............Yeah. And running the quarter in the 12's with a bug doesn't
> come cheap.
>
> If I had your money, I'd buy it.

Ok, I can understand that this bug may be fast.
I also get the concept of sleepers: Seen crappy looking GTOs beat nice
shiney, souped up, nossed out Integras.

But isn't a bug a sleeper already, regardless of whether it looks like crap
or not?
Most people will not expect a bug (in whatever shape) beat another 1/4 mile
racer.

I'd be more impressed if it has muscle and looks great.
This bug has what looks like rust under the hood -- that's just sloppy.

Remco

134a Refrigerant Rich Hampel Jeep 1090 August 23rd 05 06:43 AM
TJ Sway Bar Link Torque Values Anyone?? [email protected] Jeep 3 March 20th 05 07:12 PM
Odyssey Values? [email protected] Honda 1 February 21st 05 06:07 PM
I dont get the c3 vs c4 values Ralph Corvette 70 November 25th 04 10:03 AM