Green Left-turn Arrows(or lack of them)

Old January 13th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Green Left-turn Arrows(or lack of them)

I must be crazy, but hear this out:

Whenever I'm the lead car in the left-turn-only lane(Governed by a
4-element traffic light: red, caution, green, left arrow) the light
almost ALWAYS goes to straight green(no arrow). I have to wait for the
opposite traffic to clear, almost to the end of the green cycle in
downtown situations, and then make the left turn on yellow.

If I'm 3 or more cars back, we get the green arrow, and I usually make
it. Again this happens downtown on a multilane, and on two-lanes with
a green-left arrow to allow left turners to clear before getting the
straight-green.

Now listen carefully: I believe that I am causing these green arrows
to not come on, and get only straight green lights. Read the
information below regarding "auras" - all persons possess one, to some
degree, and see what you think about this.

http://www.crystalinks.com/aura.html
http://skepdic.com/auras.html

It's driving me crazy, and my fiance gets real mad when I bring it
up(she calls it "voodoo"), but I do believe that the presence of
certain people - or certain auras, can have effect on electronic
devices, including traffic signals.

-ChrisCoaster