Toyota - haggling

Old September 17th 05, 02:12 AM
DTJ

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:27:35 -0400, "Ron P" > wrote:

>I have my eye on a 2006 Toyota Matrix. Does anyone have any knowledge on how
>fixed Toyota is on their price quotes? In other words, do they "bargain?"

Most Toyota dealers I have dealt with don't negotiate a fair price.
That is why I have owned so many Hondas.
Old September 17th 05, 02:31 AM
Pooh Bear

shadowmica wrote:

> MSRP is ridiculous I don't care how popular the car is.

It's ridiculous for many products.

When we price our audio gear we simply factor in the discount we reckon most ppl
will expect / shops will offer before arriving at a reasonable price that everyone
can make a living from.

Graham

Old September 17th 05, 03:42 PM
Ron P

"shadowmica" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ron P wrote:
>> I have my eye on a 2006 Toyota Matrix. Does anyone have any knowledge on
>> how
>> fixed Toyota is on their price quotes? In other words, do they "bargain?"
>> --
>> Ron P

> I just picked up my 2006 Matrix XR last Night. When I walked in the
> dealership I told them I wanted it for $500 over invoice and they
> agreed without much hesitation. This was on a 2006 which they had none
> of. I had to wait three weeks for it to come in. Two other dealers I
> checked would not deal much. One wanted $900 over invoice and the other
> wanted MSRP or close to it.
>
> The problem with the 2006 is they are selling them as fast as they come
> in. so Finding a Dealer who will discount alot may be difficult. But
> hey start at $300 over invoice and go from there. They can only say no
> and eventually you will get to a price they will sell it for.
>
> MSRP is ridiculous I don't care how popular the car is.
>
> The Matrix is a great car though. I love Mine!

Thank you. It looks like the ideal car for us and I haven't found anything
bad about it that would put me off of buying it.

I think your idea about using the invoice price is good...

If I knew the invoice price of the vehicle, I would certainly do that..Maybe
the library has some information. The toyota.ca site only deals with the
MSRP. I was thinking that I could use the price of a better equipped Focus
at about $1K less and see what happens....I'm useless at this process.

The MSRP for this vehicle with the options wanted is $21,160 (Can $) then
when all the taxes and other crap is added on it comes to $25,754.25 (Can $)
--
Ron P

Just remember....if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Old September 17th 05, 07:53 PM
Floyd Rogers

"Ron P" > wrote
> "shadowmica" > wrote I think your idea about using
> the invoice price is good...
>
> If I knew the invoice price of the vehicle, I would certainly do
> that..Maybe the library has some information. The toyota.ca site only
> deals with the MSRP. I was thinking that I could use the price of a better
> equipped Focus at about $1K less and see what happens....I'm useless at
> this process.

edmunds.com (and others IIRC) show invoice prices. Not sure it's a true
price, but it's a starting point. They often don't include holdbacks.

Floyd

Old September 17th 05, 07:58 PM
Ron P

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
> "Ron P" > wrote
>> "shadowmica" > wrote I think your idea about using
>> the invoice price is good...
>>
>> If I knew the invoice price of the vehicle, I would certainly do
>> that..Maybe the library has some information. The toyota.ca site only
>> deals with the MSRP. I was thinking that I could use the price of a
>> better equipped Focus at about $1K less and see what happens....I'm
>> useless at this process.

> edmunds.com (and others IIRC) show invoice prices. Not sure it's a true
> price, but it's a starting point. They often don't include holdbacks.
>
> Floyd

Unfortunately, all of the sites like edmunds dot com use US zip codes. I
found a couple of sites and created a zip code and got some idea of how much
under MSRP to go.