Cushman van?

Old January 13th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Cushman van?

Had to stop by a job site this AM before work to swap out some parts;
saw something I hadn't seen before. A little van, looking more than
anything like a scale model of one of those new Freightliner things,
with a big "CUSHMAN" emblem on the back. It looked like it was
intended to be a road going vehicle, with a space for a license plate
and all, but there was a prominent sticker on the tailgate saying "not
legal for highway use." I'm guessing that this is some offshore
product that Cushman is private labeling for utility use? anyone know
anything about these? I'm just curious, and a (very) cursory web
search didn't turn up anything.

nate

Old January 13th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

N8N wrote:

> Had to stop by a job site this AM before work to swap out some parts;
> saw something I hadn't seen before. A little van, looking more than
> anything like a scale model of one of those new Freightliner things,
> with a big "CUSHMAN" emblem on the back. It looked like it was
> intended to be a road going vehicle, with a space for a license plate
> and all, but there was a prominent sticker on the tailgate saying "not
> legal for highway use." I'm guessing that this is some offshore
> product that Cushman is private labeling for utility use? anyone know
> anything about these? I'm just curious, and a (very) cursory web
> search didn't turn up anything.

Really ?

http://www.cushmanco.com/

Graham

Old January 13th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Pooh Bear wrote:

> N8N wrote:
>

>>Had to stop by a job site this AM before work to swap out some parts;
>>saw something I hadn't seen before. A little van, looking more than
>>anything like a scale model of one of those new Freightliner things,
>>with a big "CUSHMAN" emblem on the back. It looked like it was
>>intended to be a road going vehicle, with a space for a license plate
>>and all, but there was a prominent sticker on the tailgate saying "not
>>legal for highway use." I'm guessing that this is some offshore
>>product that Cushman is private labeling for utility use? anyone know
>>anything about these? I'm just curious, and a (very) cursory web
>>search didn't turn up anything.

> Really ?
>
> http://www.cushmanco.com/
>
> Graham

There's nothing like what I saw on their web site, that I can find...
odd. This thing looked for all the world like a roadgoing vehicle,
although it was marked as I said.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 14th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Pooh Bear wrote:
>

>> N8N wrote:
>>

>>> Had to stop by a job site this AM before work to swap out some parts;
>>> saw something I hadn't seen before. A little van, looking more than
>>> anything like a scale model of one of those new Freightliner things,
>>> with a big "CUSHMAN" emblem on the back. It looked like it was
>>> intended to be a road going vehicle, with a space for a license plate
>>> and all, but there was a prominent sticker on the tailgate saying "not
>>> legal for highway use." I'm guessing that this is some offshore
>>> product that Cushman is private labeling for utility use? anyone know
>>> anything about these? I'm just curious, and a (very) cursory web
>>> search didn't turn up anything.

>> Really ?
>>
>> http://www.cushmanco.com/
>>
>> Graham
>>

> There's nothing like what I saw on their web site, that I can find...
> odd. This thing looked for all the world like a roadgoing vehicle,
> although it was marked as I said.
>
> nate

found one... still no info tho

http://www.moderngroup.com/ModernShop/Used/Cushman.htm

I know, it's not really important... but it's bugging me

nate

Old January 14th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Nate Nagel wrote:
> > Pooh Bear wrote:

> >> Really ?
> >>
> >> http://www.cushmanco.com/
> >>
> >> Graham
> >>

> > There's nothing like what I saw on their web site, that I can find...
> > odd. This thing looked for all the world like a roadgoing vehicle,
> > although it was marked as I said.
> >
> > nate
> >

> found one... still no info tho
>
> http://www.moderngroup.com/ModernShop/Used/Cushman.htm
>
> I know, it's not really important... but it's bugging me

That looks like a stock Japanese ( or other asian ) small van.

Graham