Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.

Old February 2nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.

Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.

Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph
for an old car like this ..Suddenly the battery indicator flashed .. i
was in the middle of nowhere so i thought that if i continue driving,
the only thing that it might happen is that the car will die because it
will be out of battery ..and i have better changes to fix it if i can
get to a garage or in the next exit .instead of stopping in the highway
..
After going for about 4 miles i realized that heating stopped coming
from the car and when i was accelerating i could hear a noise from the
engine like something is happening inside .. i continued for about 12
miles and then the noise became extreme and then smoke start coming out
from the car and then i stopped...
I was waited for the AA guy for about an hour and he said that he cant
repair it ..and he thinks that the fan belt snapped and also that the
battery cannot be charged or something.
Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
what is the problem ..
what do u people think that it might have happened?
any ideas how much will it cost to be fixed approximately?
is it possible that i caused permanent engine failure???

I learned to stop when the first warning appears..i just hope that the
car will work again..

Thanks Ivan

Old February 2nd 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2 Feb 2006 12:56:36 -0800, wrote:

>Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
>
>Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
>my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph
>for an old car like this ..Suddenly the battery indicator flashed .. i
>was in the middle of nowhere so i thought that if i continue driving,
>the only thing that it might happen is that the car will die because it
>will be out of battery ..and i have better changes to fix it if i can
>get to a garage or in the next exit .instead of stopping in the highway
>.
>After going for about 4 miles i realized that heating stopped coming
>from the car and when i was accelerating i could hear a noise from the
>engine like something is happening inside .. i continued for about 12
>miles and then the noise became extreme and then smoke start coming out
>from the car and then i stopped...
>I was waited for the AA guy for about an hour and he said that he cant
>repair it ..and he thinks that the fan belt snapped and also that the
>battery cannot be charged or something.
>Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
>the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
>the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
>going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
>what is the problem ..
>what do u people think that it might have happened?

Did you not just say the FAN BELT SNAPPED? If the fan belt is also
turning the water pump, as in serpentine belt, then you overheated
your engine.

I've never seen a ford fiesta period, so I don't know what your belt
arrangement is. But if it was a serpentine belt and it blew, you lost
your alternator AND your water pump. And you overheated your engine
to the point that "smoke started coming out from the car."

>any ideas how much will it cost to be fixed approximately?
>is it possible that i caused permanent engine failure???
>
>I learned to stop when the first warning appears..i just hope that the
>car will work again..
>
>Thanks Ivan

One look under the hood should tell the tale. Did you look under the
hood?
Old February 2nd 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
>
> Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
> my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph
> for an old car like this ..Suddenly the battery indicator flashed .. i
> was in the middle of nowhere so i thought that if i continue driving,
> the only thing that it might happen is that the car will die because it
> will be out of battery ..and i have better changes to fix it if i can
> get to a garage or in the next exit .instead of stopping in the highway
> .
> After going for about 4 miles i realized that heating stopped coming
> from the car and when i was accelerating i could hear a noise from the
> engine like something is happening inside .. i continued for about 12
> miles and then the noise became extreme and then smoke start coming out
> from the car and then i stopped...
> I was waited for the AA guy for about an hour and he said that he cant
> repair it ..and he thinks that the fan belt snapped and also that the
> battery cannot be charged or something.
> Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
> the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
> the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
> going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
> what is the problem ..
> what do u people think that it might have happened?
> any ideas how much will it cost to be fixed approximately?
> is it possible that i caused permanent engine failure???
>
> I learned to stop when the first warning appears..i just hope that the
> car will work again..
>
> Thanks Ivan

Ivan, I'm afraid you turned what would have been a $75 repair into an
engine rebuild that far exceeds the value of the car.
Please post back on what the final diagnosis is.

Old February 2nd 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

>Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
>the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
>the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
>going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
>what is the problem ..
>what do u people think that it might have happened?

I think that what happened is that your serpentine belt snapped. You
lost the alternator, and you also lost the fan and the water pump. The
engine overheated horribly and melted down into slag inside. You
abused the car and destroyed it. Now you will have to buy a new one.
--scott
Old February 2nd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Al Bundy wrote:

> Ivan, I'm afraid you turned what would have been a $75 repair into an
> engine rebuild that far exceeds the value of the car.
> Please post back on what the final diagnosis is.

$75 dollar? Try $15 for a belt if you do it yourself. What a waste, even
if it was a throw-away car.
Old February 3rd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> >Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
> >the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
> >the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
> >going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
> >what is the problem ..
> >what do u people think that it might have happened?

> I think that what happened is that your serpentine belt snapped. You
> lost the alternator, and you also lost the fan and the water pump. The
> engine overheated horribly and melted down into slag inside. You
> abused the car and destroyed it. Now you will have to buy a new one.
> --scott

All of which may protect the likes of the rest of us, if he were driving
at 90 mph near the airport.

I have no tolerance for people like this.

Old February 3rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
>
> Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
> my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph
> for an old car like this ..Suddenly the battery indicator flashed .. i
> was in the middle of nowhere so i thought that if i continue driving,
> the only thing that it might happen is that the car will die because it
> will be out of battery ..and i have better changes to fix it if i can
> get to a garage or in the next exit .instead of stopping in the highway
> .
> After going for about 4 miles i realized that heating stopped coming
> from the car and when i was accelerating i could hear a noise from the
> engine like something is happening inside .. i continued for about 12
> miles and then the noise became extreme and then smoke start coming out
> from the car and then i stopped...
> I was waited for the AA guy for about an hour and he said that he cant
> repair it ..and he thinks that the fan belt snapped and also that the
> battery cannot be charged or something.
> Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
> the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
> the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
> going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
> what is the problem ..
> what do u people think that it might have happened?
> any ideas how much will it cost to be fixed approximately?
> is it possible that i caused permanent engine failure???
>
> I learned to stop when the first warning appears..i just hope that the
> car will work again..
>
> Thanks Ivan

You destroyed your car, which is probably good considering that YOU are
the very reason the driver fatality rate is 10 times higher for males
under 24 years of age. 90mph on the interstate? You asshole. You
might think you're invincible, but the poor family in the car you run
off the road and kill sure as hell isn't.

I'm glad you melted down your engine block, and I hope you don't drive
another car for 5 years.

Thanks for making America's roadways so dangerous, and making my
insurance premium so god damned high.

And I'm only 24.

"Young car drivers accounted for 37% of all car drivers killed"
"The road accident fatality rate - the number killed in road accidents
per 100,000 population - was much higher for those aged 18-24 (30) than
for any other age cohort."
"young male drivers are 9 times more likely to be at fault than
older drivers with the same driving experience"
" Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death in people age 16 to 20."
"People age 16 to 20 have the highest traffic-related fatality rate of
any age group."
"People age 16 to 20 make up only 6 percent of American drivers and
drive only 3 percent of all miles driven. Yet they are involved in 15
percent of traffic deaths."
"A 16-year-old driver is 20 times as likely to have a traffic accident
as the general population"
"A quarter (22 percent) of Americans who died in speed-related crashes
were youth (15-20). And yet they represent just 6 percent of the total
driving population."
"young drivers have more accidents than any other age group"
Old February 3rd 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
>
> Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
> my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph

One of the better trolls.......

=<snip>=

Old February 3rd 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Al Bundy wrote:

> wrote:
>
>>Overheating problem?fan belt snapped...helppp.
>>
>>Hello, i have a ford fiesta 93 LX ,and i was driving yesterday to pick
>>my girlfriend from the airport. .. i was going quite fast about 90 mph
>>for an old car like this ..Suddenly the battery indicator flashed .. i
>>was in the middle of nowhere so i thought that if i continue driving,
>>the only thing that it might happen is that the car will die because it
>>will be out of battery ..and i have better changes to fix it if i can
>>get to a garage or in the next exit .instead of stopping in the highway
>>.
>>After going for about 4 miles i realized that heating stopped coming
>>from the car and when i was accelerating i could hear a noise from the
>>engine like something is happening inside .. i continued for about 12
>>miles and then the noise became extreme and then smoke start coming out
>>from the car and then i stopped...
>>I was waited for the AA guy for about an hour and he said that he cant
>>repair it ..and he thinks that the fan belt snapped and also that the
>>battery cannot be charged or something.
>>Before he comes i tried to start the car just to see if i could and
>>the oil and battery indicator were on and there was a weird sound but
>>the car wouldn't start .. i have the car outside a garage and i am
>>going there tomorrow to ask them ..how much will be to repair it and
>>what is the problem ..
>>what do u people think that it might have happened?
>>any ideas how much will it cost to be fixed approximately?
>>is it possible that i caused permanent engine failure???
>>
>>I learned to stop when the first warning appears..i just hope that the
>>car will work again..
>>
>>Thanks Ivan

> Ivan, I'm afraid you turned what would have been a $75 repair into an
> engine rebuild that far exceeds the value of the car.
> Please post back on what the final diagnosis is.

The question should be: Will you replace it with another Fiesta?
Ummmm, odore of troll. 12 miles at 90mph and a bright red dash.