Where to mount alarm main box?

Old July 30th 05, 06:07 PM
Armon Tanzerian

Your'e one of the asshats that give alarms a bad name, and render them
ineffective.

Car alarms going off all day just because someone walks too close, or bumps
them.

Alarms can serve a function when installed and used properly (not like
yours) When they are improperly set up, and false constantly I believe the
owners should be FINED for noise pollution!

Old July 31st 05, 07:01 AM
BRUCE HASKIN

Asshat ???? What pray tell do you mean ? An alarm is on the car to
"tell on people" that are doing something to my car that I don't want
them to do !

What would you use it for ? .... Wake up the neighborhood ?

Why is this giving YOU "The all mighty one", a bad name ?

I live in Seattle and reired. I don't park the car where some "Dick
Head" will slash the top, steal the radio, or steal the car. I don't
like oily finger prints, advertisements stuck under the wiper blades, or
some ASSHAT bumping into my car and costing ME a lot of money.

As I said, "I think the alarm has paid for it's self", by protecting the
car from careless people !

You need to know more about the conditions before you shoot your mouth
off and call me a "Asshat"

By the way, while I am lashing out, what kind of a piece of crap Mata do
you drive that you don't want to protect ?

Bruce RED '91

Old August 1st 05, 07:21 PM
BRUCE HASKIN

Sorry Alex, we just don't live in the same conditions.

Vipers just "chirp" for a few seconds under the conditions you mention.
(you might find out how they work first )

When I go out into the main stream of people, I park in a "Handicap"
spot and there is NO need for someone to be by the car. No need for
someone to hit it with a hand, bump it with a car, a door or anything
else. No need for anyone to have a hand inside the car to look or touch
anything.
I don't live in town, or within 50ft on a road. No one should be in a
position to come in contact with the car ! Soooo, if they do, I want to
know about it !

I started this saying that there were two sides to the "Alarm" question.
You have your side and I have mine. Let's just leave it with, I won't
set off your Alarm and you won't set off mine !! :-)

Bruce RED '91

Old August 1st 05, 09:12 PM
Armon Tanzerian

Well, I guess your reading comprehension is a bit impaired... Nowhere did I
say that "I" was getting a bad name.

Look, if you want to know every time someone breathes on your car, then get
a pager alarm, and keep the siren turned off. You made the statement that
the garage door opener noise will set your unit off. If that's true, there
are MANY things in nature that will cause it to false (and be a nuisance).

Ironically I encountered a car like yours just the other day at Fed X... I
parked, and got out of my car, and when I walked between our two cars, this
Miata started "chirping". I guess I didn't run away fast enough, while
unloading my boxes, so it started to scream. I hadn't touched it, or
reached in it. I was just too close to it's space I guess..

You don't live in Henderson, do you

Old August 1st 05, 10:17 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-08-01, Armon Tanzerian > wrote:

> Well, I guess your reading comprehension is a bit impaired... Nowhere did I
> say that "I" was getting a bad name.
>
> Look, if you want to know every time someone breathes on your car, then get
> a pager alarm, and keep the siren turned off. You made the statement that
> the garage door opener noise will set your unit off. If that's true, there
> are MANY things in nature that will cause it to false (and be a nuisance).
>
> Ironically I encountered a car like yours just the other day at Fed X... I
> parked, and got out of my car, and when I walked between our two cars, this
> Miata started "chirping". I guess I didn't run away fast enough, while
> unloading my boxes, so it started to scream. I hadn't touched it, or
> reached in it. I was just too close to it's space I guess..

Every once in a while I walk past a car like that (it's been a
couple years since the last one). So far, I've resisted the
urge to give the door panel a good hard kick in order to save
the alarm's firmware developer the embarassment of getting
blamed for yet another annoying false alarm.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! As President I
at have to go vacuum my coin
Old August 2nd 05, 01:44 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Grant Edwards > wrote:

>On 2005-08-01, Armon Tanzerian > wrote:
>
>> Well, I guess your reading comprehension is a bit impaired... Nowhere did I
>> say that "I" was getting a bad name.
>>
>> Look, if you want to know every time someone breathes on your car, then get
>> a pager alarm, and keep the siren turned off. You made the statement that
>> the garage door opener noise will set your unit off. If that's true, there
>> are MANY things in nature that will cause it to false (and be a nuisance).
>>
>> Ironically I encountered a car like yours just the other day at Fed X... I
>> parked, and got out of my car, and when I walked between our two cars, this
>> Miata started "chirping". I guess I didn't run away fast enough, while
>> unloading my boxes, so it started to scream. I hadn't touched it, or
>> reached in it. I was just too close to it's space I guess..

>Every once in a while I walk past a car like that (it's been a
>couple years since the last one). So far, I've resisted the
>urge to give the door panel a good hard kick in order to save
>the alarm's firmware developer the embarassment of getting
>blamed for yet another annoying false alarm.

I always want to key the cars with those annoying false alarms.
So far, I have been able to resist the urge, but sometimes
just within the tiniest hair.

Of course, if it is a Miata, the owner should be shot instead.
What am I saying, the owner should be shot regardless. Or at
least tied in front off a 10 feet speaker at a rock concert.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old August 2nd 05, 05:03 AM
BRUCE HASKIN

Alex, :-) you should be a car alarm salesmen, You sure do know a lot
about them and how they work!
I do have one question. How would a pager alarn have produced the same
results of catching the two people that damaged my car? Can it record
information and the lic, number of the guy that left after he backed
into my rear bumper? I haven't seen any advertisments that has shown
that. That would be a good project for the people at Columbia. Gee, you
could even head the project ! :-) Big Brother could be watching every
one and every place. Much better than a cheap car alarm system.

Pager ??? Naw, that stuff went away when I retired. No pager, no cell
phone, get up when I want to, go drive when I want to and park where I
want to. :-)

Sorry, my error! I guesed that you had an alarm on your car (you do have
a car ? ) and that you had suffered from having someone say bad things
to you for having one of those *&&^&(**% things on your car. Again,
sorry. I miss spoke.

Oh and where is Henderson that you mentioned. A joke, or a place. I do
live in Normandy Park, Washington, but no Henderson around here.

Bruce RED '91

Old August 2nd 05, 06:13 AM
Armon Tanzerian

The point is, if it is set up CORRECTLY it won't false every time someone
farts.

If you insist on knowing every time a fly lands on your car, then get a
pager, or 2 way keychain remote (like the good Vipers have.. not the
el-cheapo you bought at Wal*Mart) then you can run out, dragging your oxygen
bottle behind you every time it goes off ! LOL!

If, on the other hand it was set up CORRECTLY then a *real* shock would set
off the audible alarm, and in the cases you described, the people would have
still noticed it when it went off. A correctly adjusted shock sensor is a
beautiful thing!