OT-PS3 racing games

Old May 17th 05, 10:54 AM
Paulinho

Default OT-PS3 racing games

http://www.gametrailers.com/

worth a look

Old May 17th 05, 03:37 PM
Klinn

Hopefully the AI will be decent, because... *holy crap* that looks
amazing!
Thanks for the link.

....Klinn

Old May 17th 05, 03:39 PM
Todd Walker

In article >,
"Paulinho" > says...
> http://www.gametrailers.com/
>
> worth a look

Holy ****. The next gen of consoles looks to have graphics abilities
that come very close to photorealism. Let's just hope the physics are
there too but I'm not holding my breath.

And why oh WHY can't any makers of console driving games include a real
in car view, complete with wheel, dashboard, instruments, etc? Someone
please tell me....

--
_________________________
Todd Walker
Old May 17th 05, 04:32 PM
Fatbob

> And why oh WHY can't any makers of console driving games include a real
> in car view, complete with wheel, dashboard, instruments, etc? Someone
> please tell me....

Well, unlike most racing games on PC, like GTR or any of the Nascar or F1
sims, which only have a handful of cars, most console racers like Gran
Turismo, Forza and Enthusia have hundreds of cars, making it very, very time
consuming to model each and every car's interior. I also think that most
(not all) console players don't mind not having a proper in-car view, making
it even more difficult for console developers to justify including them.

Old May 17th 05, 07:39 PM
Paulinho

"Fatbob" > wrote in message
>> And why oh WHY can't any makers of console driving games include a real
>> in car view, complete with wheel, dashboard, instruments, etc? Someone
>> please tell me....

> Well, unlike most racing games on PC, like GTR or any of the Nascar or F1
> sims, which only have a handful of cars, most console racers like Gran
> Turismo, Forza and Enthusia have hundreds of cars, making it very, very
> time
> consuming to model each and every car's interior. I also think that most
> (not all) console players don't mind not having a proper in-car view,
> making
> it even more difficult for console developers to justify including them.

Yeah but if you take GT4.. the insides are modeled anyway...? so why not ad
a standard dash etc etc...?

Old May 17th 05, 08:56 PM
David G Fisher

"Paulinho" > wrote in message
> http://www.gametrailers.com/
>
> worth a look

That is amazing. Another year or so for PC sims, and that's about it I
think.

--
David G Fisher

Old May 17th 05, 09:26 PM
Mitch_A

We may be closer than ever before but I cant help laugh at the number of
times Ive heard that PC gaming is dead the last 15 years. Mark Twain comes
to mind

Mitch

"David G Fisher" > wrote in > That is amazing. Another year

Old May 18th 05, 12:50 AM
Peter

In article >, says...

http://www.gametrailers.com/

> > worth a look

> That is amazing. Another year or so for PC sims, and that's about it I
> think.

They are quite something, but I've heard that some of the E3 demos were
pre-rendered. Not sure about this one, though.

--
Pete Ives
Old May 18th 05, 09:12 PM
Plowboy

No ****, even just a generic behind the wheel display layout would suffice
me, that is personally...
Paulinho enlightened us with:

Old May 21st 05, 07:07 AM
Andrew MacPherson

In article >,
(Paulinho) wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/

http://www.gamespot.com/live/stream...bmoid=&urdate=0

1.5ish hours of Playstation3 presentation. Thankfully you can skip forward
through the stream. Lot of very impressive stuff though.

Who knows, with the stagnation of PC CPU speed it may well be that
game-specific hardware is the only real way forward.

Andrew McP

On TV:the increasingly intertwined worlds of racing and video games. Don Scurlock Simulators 1 April 26th 05 03:07 AM
What is the best games simulator racing Claudio Simulators 13 April 24th 05 10:46 AM
GTP Lives!!! Steve Smith Simulators 20 February 14th 05 04:59 AM
Mustang Returns to Sports Car Racing Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 0 January 29th 05 05:39 PM
Tough to Enter the Racing Sim Scene Chuck Simulators 14 November 10th 04 05:27 AM