An experiment worthy of an Aunt Judy award.

Old October 18th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Default An experiment worthy of an Aunt Judy award.

Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.

Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
mph speed limit. The results are insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU

Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
dangerously low the posted SL is.

In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

Old October 18th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

MLOM:
> Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.
>
> Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
> mph speed limit. The results are insane.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU
>
> Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
> dangerously low the posted SL is.
>
> In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
rolling roadblock caused an accident.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend demonstrates
its (in)ability to handle simple math:

"The issue is the psychopath doing 60 mph OVER THE LIMIT!!!!!!!!.
This guy is a murderer and i want him locked up anyway
they can do it."

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 11/17/2004
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/pkzrc
Message ID:
Old October 18th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> MLOM:
>> Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.
>>
>> Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
>> mph speed limit. The results are insane.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU
>>
>> Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
>> dangerously low the posted SL is.
>>
>> In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

>Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
>rolling roadblock caused an accident.

What I liked is how four groups of "college students" almost
participated in a Darwin experiment. So much for "higher education"
and "intelligence" being casually linked....

Honestly, if I were going to pull a stunt like passing on the break
down lane, I'd take the time to make sure there were no "Stealth
Stalled Vehicles" there. IF, somehow or another I wasn't prudent
enough to check for SVVs, and I had to swerve back in to avoid
clipping one, I'd have taken out the rightmost car in the procession,
hopefully with enough force to take out the one to it's left.

--

"Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS" brags of it's homosexuallity:
the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie.

"Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS" brags of it's ability to operate a vehicle:
I must be doing something right to go 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash.
: http://groups.google.com/group/misc....e8a61824?hl=en
Old October 18th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):
> necromancer wrote:
> > MLOM:
> >> Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.
> >>
> >> Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
> >> mph speed limit. The results are insane.
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU
> >>
> >> Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
> >> dangerously low the posted SL is.
> >>
> >> In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

> >Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
> >rolling roadblock caused an accident.

> What I liked is how four groups of "college students" almost
> participated in a Darwin experiment. So much for "higher education"
> and "intelligence" being casually linked....

Well, IIRC, this was an experimant to demonstrate the dangers of sloth
and the idiocy of the 55MPH SL. Figures that on such a beltway like 285
that the SL would be 55MPH. Way to go, GDOT!

> Honestly, if I were going to pull a stunt like passing on the break
> down lane, I'd take the time to make sure there were no "Stealth
> Stalled Vehicles" there.

Seems that the cloaking device (I think that one must have had one of
the old Darwinator 100 units, seeing as it became visible as the van
approached) was still operational....

> IF, somehow or another I wasn't prudent
> enough to check for SVVs, and I had to swerve back in to avoid
> clipping one, I'd have taken out the rightmost car in the procession,
> hopefully with enough force to take out the one to it's left.

That would *really* shutdown 285....

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend foams like a Bartlo
(and spelling or gramatical errors are left as is):

"Hey - necromancer is a criminal coddler. BTW the article
says 4X and then it says the BAC was .187 which doesn't
make much sense. Not that it matters. Drunk drivers who
kill should get life wo parole."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/rqvtg
Message
Old October 18th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Oct 17, 10:01 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> MLOM:
>
> > Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.

> > Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
> > mph speed limit. The results are insane.

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU

> > Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
> > dangerously low the posted SL is.

Yes, the problem with this country is, everybody who has all the
solutions to all the problems are otherwise occupied.

> Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
> rolling roadblock caused an accident.

Mmm... to come to that conclusion one must determine the students
exerted some control of the vehicles involved in the "accident".
Since that equals -none-, the cause must be attributed elsewhere...
perhaps to the driver who was actually at fault...?
-----

- gpsman

Old October 19th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Oct 17, 7:49 pm, MLOM > wrote:
> Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.
>
> Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
> mph speed limit. The results are insane.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU
>
> Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
> dangerously low the posted SL is.
>
> In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

College kids?? HAHAHA. If they had their way the speed limit would
be 150 and drunk driving and red light running would be sacraments.

Old October 19th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On Oct 17, 7:49 pm, MLOM > wrote:
>
>>Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.
>>
>>Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
>>mph speed limit. The results are insane.
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU
>>
>>Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
>>dangerously low the posted SL is.
>>
>>In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

> College kids?? HAHAHA. If they had their way the speed limit would
> be 150 and drunk driving and red light running would be sacraments.

It just ****es you off to no end to be repeatedly reminded of how safe
the Autobahnen are, doesn't it?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old October 19th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

gpsman wrote:
>On Oct 17, 10:01 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
>> MLOM:
>>
>> > Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.

>> > Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
>> > mph speed limit. The results are insane.

>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU

>> > Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
>> > dangerously low the posted SL is.

>Yes, the problem with this country is, everybody who has all the
>solutions to all the problems are otherwise occupied.

Well, that certainly explains all your free time.

>> Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
>> rolling roadblock caused an accident.

>Mmm... to come to that conclusion one must determine the students
>exerted some control of the vehicles involved in the "accident".
>Since that equals -none-, the cause must be attributed elsewhere...
>perhaps to the driver who was actually at fault...?

Four vehicles pacing each other on a four lane highway are exerting
control over all vehicles behind them. Figures you'd be too stupid to
realize that simple fact.

Old October 19th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver (Hector Goldstein):
>> necromancer wrote:
>> > MLOM:

>> >Saw that one. I liked how while not directly involved, their little
>> >rolling roadblock caused an accident.

>> What I liked is how four groups of "college students" almost
>> participated in a Darwin experiment. So much for "higher education"
>> and "intelligence" being casually linked....

>Well, IIRC, this was an experimant to demonstrate the dangers of sloth
>and the idiocy of the 55MPH SL. Figures that on such a beltway like 285
>that the SL would be 55MPH. Way to go, GDOT!

Was this experiment sanctioned, or organized in any way with traffic
enforcement? Those four groups of dullards are lucky they didn't get
themselves or someone else killed.

It's been 20 years since I've been on 285, but I remember that the
person driving the vehicle was doing 75 in a 55. While we were on loop
for a good 10 minutes, we were passed by every vehicle we encountered,
except for one: an ambulance with it's signals and siren active, which
appeared to be doing the speed limit.

>> Honestly, if I were going to pull a stunt like passing on the break
>> down lane, I'd take the time to make sure there were no "Stealth
>> Stalled Vehicles" there.

>Seems that the cloaking device (I think that one must have had one of
>the old Darwinator 100 units, seeing as it became visible as the van
>approached) was still operational....
>
>> IF, somehow or another I wasn't prudent
>> enough to check for SVVs, and I had to swerve back in to avoid
>> clipping one, I'd have taken out the rightmost car in the procession,
>> hopefully with enough force to take out the one to it's left.

>That would *really* shutdown 285....

If the action sent a couple of carloads of dumb asses to the morgue,
it would be worth while.

Old October 19th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Oct 18, 6:17 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 7:49 pm, MLOM > wrote:
>
> > Also mentioned in a thread in m.t.r.

> > Atlanta: college students conduct an experiment with obeying posted 55-
> > mph speed limit. The results are insane.

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU

> > Toward the end of the clip, one of the students mentions just how
> > dangerously low the posted SL is.

> > In KC, a road like that would be posted 65 or 70.

> College kids?? HAHAHA.

HAHAHA back at you, AJ. You are SO entertaining on r.a.d. (hack
hack). Though probably more entertaining at the bathhouse if
Hector's .sig is any indicator.

> If they had their way the speed limit would
> be 150...

And if geezers had their way the speed limit would be 10. That makes
70 a good happy medium on the Interstates in most states.

>...and drunk driving and red light running would be sacraments.

And stop-sign running...sort of like the common targets Teddy Kennedy
and laura bush (sic).

BTW...most college students who go to booze parties are within easy
walking distance and do not drive to them. This coming from one about
to go to a college 20-year class reunion in about a week.