horn replacement on crv

Old December 2nd 04, 12:39 AM
mike113

Default horn replacement on crv

hi, i have a 99 crv and when the horn is used it makes a weird horn noise.
Not the usually horn noise i think the horn is busted or about to be. Has
anyone had this problem before, and how much does it cost to change the
pair of horns in front. AAND is this a DIY job

thxs

Old December 2nd 04, 01:27 AM
motsco_ _

mike113 wrote:
> hi, i have a 99 crv and when the horn is used it makes a weird horn noise.
> Not the usually horn noise i think the horn is busted or about to be. Has
> anyone had this problem before, and how much does it cost to change the
> pair of horns in front. AAND is this a DIY job ?
>
> thxs

------------

With hearing protection on, check which horn isn't firing. Remove it
with a 10mm socket on an extension. Unplug the connector. Get a
replacement from the dealer or a wrecking yard. The CRV horn is probably
used on a few other hondas, so take it along if you go to the wrecker.

A DIY job for sure. (unless your front bumper has been hammered and the
wiring harness is mangled) Fuse would possibly be blown if that was the
case.

'Curly'

Old December 2nd 04, 01:50 AM
RWM

I'd check the ground and power connections first. Of course it may need
replacing, but the power/ground would be my first check, having done
this many times on older vehicles -- after buying the parts...

mike113 wrote:

>hi, i have a 99 crv and when the horn is used it makes a weird horn noise.
>Not the usually horn noise i think the horn is busted or about to be. Has
>anyone had this problem before, and how much does it cost to change the
>pair of horns in front. AAND is this a DIY job
>
> thxs

C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
Removal of horn rings from 57 and 59 cadillacs...HELP! Frank Grimey Grimes Antique cars 1 December 10th 04 04:57 PM
Bukb replacement - 2002 A4 - nightmare! Jimbo Audi 2 December 5th 04 09:30 PM
horn replacement mike113 Honda 0 December 2nd 04 12:37 AM
1997 Honda Civic: Axle and Lower Ball Joint Replacement Notes Backpacker Honda 2 November 18th 04 02:52 AM