CRV Vs. RAV4?

Old November 26th 04, 10:33 AM
SoCalMike

Al Andre wrote:

> Thank you everyone for your input, I will look into these topics in more
> depth. To answer some past questions, I didn't have snow tires on my 99
> accord and it was pretty bad. I do have snow tires on my 02 civic and it is
> okay, but as soon as there is 6 inches or more on the ground I think twice
> about driving, so its not that great to tell the truth. Mostly what I am
> looking for is getting out of the driveway and getting up hills, so maybe
> the Honda crv will work. I'll have to test drive them.

itll likely suit you just fine, but you *might* need to replace the OEM
tires with something better.
Old November 26th 04, 12:34 PM
Chris

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:11:02 GMT, "Al Andre" >
wrote:

>Then I hate to say it, but they are making the RAV4 look appealing to women
>so women will spend more on it, then the CRV which costs much less. I know
>you can get a great SUV by getting the CRV LX 4WD with mudguards and
>destination charge for only $21,800.00. The same options in the RAV4 will
>cost you about $25,000.00.
>
>Pricewise, and based on logic, yes I have made up my mind to get the CRV. I
>just wanted to know if anyone likes the RAV4 over the CRV and why? I live in
>New England, where many of the roads are hilly, curvy, dark, unlit, and
>there are snowstorms and torrential/fog and rains often.
>
>After buying a 1999 Accord EX V6 which was bad in the snow and a 2002 Civic
>EX which is fair but not that great in the snow, I am ready for something
>else.

Did you try a Honda Element? Less expensive than CRV or RAV4.
Old November 26th 04, 12:34 PM
Chris

Old November 28th 04, 09:06 PM
Nightdude

There's another thing to consider is when things brake or even wear items
are far more expensive on a Toyota than a Honda.
RAV4 is also too small when we looked at it in 2003. There's so much legroom
in the back it's unbelievable. Everyone that sits in the back is quite
suprised, considered that the CRV doesn't look that huge outside.

nk.net...

Old November 28th 04, 09:06 PM
Nightdude