N.A. VW's STILL way CLEANER than a '55 Cuban Cheby!

Old September 26th 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
M.A. Stewart

Default N.A. VW's STILL way CLEANER than a '55 Cuban Cheby!

As the rude, crude, and profane John Stewart would say;
"It's a media CLUSTER****!"

The reality is that the non-compliant VW's (North American ONLY)
are still SUPER clean for a diesel. Here in Canada the Mop & Pail national
newspaper had a ridiculous exaggerated illustration of a cartoon car
putting out the non-complaint NOx of the VW... It was a gyro-normic
cartoon cloud of 5 g/mile. 5 grams of NOx only occupies approximately 1.4
LITRES of volume at 0C and 1 atmosphere... slightly more than a Canadian
bag of milk, or the empty glove box of a VW!

A ****in' '55 Cuban Cheby on the other hand, with a swapped-in Rooskie
diesel motor, burning low quality high-sulphur Cuban diesel, cut with
smuggled-in ****ty Jamaican stove-oil, is a phenomenal polluter. What
comes out the back of that Cheby is measured in KILO-grams per mile... not
grams per mile! And note - the kilograms per mile DO NOT include the
weight of the parts, grease, and oil falling off it as it drives down the
Cuban road for a mile!

--
FYI... (NO) is '_nitric_ oxide', not 'nitrogen oxide'.
Old September 26th 15, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:11:45 PM UTC-5, M.A. Stewart wrote:
> As the rude, crude, and profane John Stewart would say;
> "It's a media CLUSTER****!"
>
> The reality is that the non-compliant VW's (North American ONLY)
> are still SUPER clean for a diesel. Here in Canada the Mop & Pail national
> newspaper had a ridiculous exaggerated illustration of a cartoon car
> putting out the non-complaint NOx of the VW... It was a gyro-normic
> cartoon cloud of 5 g/mile. 5 grams of NOx only occupies approximately 1.4
> LITRES of volume at 0C and 1 atmosphere... slightly more than a Canadian
> bag of milk, or the empty glove box of a VW!
>
> A ****in' '55 Cuban Cheby on the other hand, with a swapped-in Rooskie
> diesel motor, burning low quality high-sulphur Cuban diesel, cut with
> smuggled-in ****ty Jamaican stove-oil, is a phenomenal polluter. What
> comes out the back of that Cheby is measured in KILO-grams per mile... not
> grams per mile! And note - the kilograms per mile DO NOT include the
> weight of the parts, grease, and oil falling off it as it drives down the
> Cuban road for a mile!
>

> --
> FYI... (NO) is '_nitric_ oxide', not 'nitrogen oxide'.

Cuban Chrome Youtube ...Batista flees!
Old September 26th 15, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
David Johnston

Why the hell would anyone be impressed by a car doing better than 1950s
third world commie technology?
Old September 26th 15, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

It's not just the commercial media, its the ignorance of all media, facebook, twitter, google, yahoo, you name it, that contributes to the problem. If the common man/woman only knew that every modern vehicle is at some time, a gross polluter, and the EPA knows it. Yes it's true even if you don't know it.

For example: Every time a modern computer controlled vehicle does a cold start, if the exhaust emissions were checked, it would be classified as a gross polluter. (mostly for CO and hydrocarbons) Modern engines all go through a "cold start mode" which requires the fuel mixture to be substantially enriched at a time when the oxygen sensor(s) and catalytic converters don't work. Oxygen sensors don't even start to become accurate until they reach minimum operating temperature. (between 250F and 350F) Catalytic converters don't light off (begin working) until they reach about 600F.

Example two: Every time a modern vehicle goes to +-90% full power, the computer enriches the fuel mixture to the point that the catalytic converter(s) can't handle it. NOx, CO, and HC get dumped out the tail pipe. You are a gross polluter.

Example three: If the driver selects to low of octane gas, NOx levels skyrocket, the vehicle becomes a gross polluter.

Why does this happen? Because the EPA and CARB DO NOT TEST VEHICLES in these modes and the vehicles are not required to comply. But, they are still gross polluters!

Now that everyone knows, maybe all the radical Mr. Greenjean tree hugging econazis that drive modern cars should go to the nearest jail and turn themselves in! Plead guilty and pay the +$31,000 gross polluter fine. You know you did it, just admit it!

Old September 26th 15, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
M.A. Stewart

David Johnston ) writes:

[UNSNIP]

[...]

[END UNSNIP]

> Why the hell would anyone be impressed by a car doing better than 1950s
> third world commie technology?

First of all Snippy, it's light years ahead of _commie 'Twenty First
Century' diesel technology_.

Secondly Snippy, get your worlds right. If it's commie, it's
'Second World' not 'Third World'.

--
"to say that carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere is atmospheric carbon
(C) is as retarded as trying to say that water (H2O) in the atmosphere is
Old September 26th 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 9/25/2015 7:44 PM, wrote:
> It's not just the commercial media ...

<remaining blather snipped>

Should have been titled "Sophistry for the Gullible Ignoramus".
Old September 26th 15, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
M.I.Wakefield

"M.A. Stewart" wrote in message ...

> The reality is that the non-compliant VW's (North American ONLY)
> are still SUPER clean for a diesel.

"SUPER clean" and not meeting the emissions standard is still not meeting
the emissions standard.

And that could cost VW about $18 billion, before the criminal case, and the
shareholder lawsuits, and the consumer lawsuits.

Old September 26th 15, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
Scott Dorsey

>David Johnston ) writes:
>The reality is that the non-compliant VW's (North American ONLY) are still
>SUPER clean for a diesel. Here in Canada the
>Mop & Pail national newspaper had a ridiculous exaggerated illustration of
>a cartoon car putting out the non-complaint NOx of
>the VW... It was a gyro-normic cartoon cloud of 5 g/mile. 5 grams of NOx
>only occupies approximately 1.4 LITRES of volume at 0C
>and 1 atmosphere... slightly more than a Canadian bag of milk,
>or the empty glove box of a VW!
>
>A ****in' '55 Cuban Cheby on the other hand, with a swapped-in Rooskie
>diesel motor, burning low quality high-sulphur Cuban diesel, cut with
>smuggled-in ****ty Jamaican stove-oil, is a phenomenal polluter. What
>comes out the back of that Cheby is measured in KILO-grams per mile... not
>grams per mile! And note - the kilograms per mile DO NOT include the
>weight of the parts, grease, and oil falling off it as it drives down the
>Cuban road for a mile!

So, you're saying that because this other vehicle is far more polluting,
that therefore it's okay not to meet reasonable standards?

Would you go to your wife and explain to her that, even though you had
not been completely faithful that she should be happy because Hugh Grant
had been so much more unfaithful to his wife?

I don't think it works that way.
--scott

Old September 26th 15, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
David Johnston

On 9/25/2015 7:05 PM, M.A. Stewart wrote:

> Secondly Snippy, get your worlds right. If it's commie, it's
> 'Second World' not 'Third World'.

No, Cuba wasn't a Warsaw Pact nation or China. It is in the Caribbean.
Old September 26th 15, 07:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
M.A. Stewart

David Johnston ) writes:
> On 9/25/2015 7:05 PM, M.A. Stewart wrote:
>
>> Secondly Snippy, get your worlds right. If it's commie, it's
>> 'Second World' not 'Third World'.

> No, Cuba wasn't a Warsaw Pact nation or China. It is in the Caribbean.

The definition of a 'Second World' country is a communist
country that has third world conditions. Cuba qualifies as
Second World Snippy. I have been there. Their fantastic music
is so ruined by the ****in' stinkin' rattlin' Rooski diesel
motors.

Cuban Combi,s John[_28_] VW air cooled 4 February 16th 12 12:22 AM
Cuban Cars, reposting from another group - Cuba_24.jpg (1/1) raymond Auto Photos 3 October 25th 07 11:56 PM
Cuban Cars, reposting from another group - Cuba_44.jpg raymond Auto Photos 1 October 22nd 07 07:20 PM
Cuban Cars, reposting from another group - Cuba_27.jpg raymond Auto Photos 0 October 19th 07 03:12 PM
Cuban Cars, reposting from another group - Cuba_20.jpg raymond Auto Photos 0 October 19th 07 03:11 PM