blower/supercharger on a 351w automatic??

Old July 13th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default blower/supercharger on a 351w automatic??

Is this possible? Only thing im worried about is the tranny kickdown.
I had enough trouble just putting an edelbrock carb on it. Would I
have to fab up a custom kickdown rod and linkage or do they make em?
Old July 14th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 13, 7:02*pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Is this possible? Only thing im worried about is the tranny kickdown.
> > I had enough trouble just putting an edelbrock carb on it. Would I
> > have to fab up a custom kickdown rod and linkage or do they make em?

> What year of car and what blower are you considering. *Will it have fuel
> injection or carburetor?

69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at superchargers in awhile. Wont be
until next year when I do this.
Old July 14th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 13, 7:08*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 13, 7:02*pm, Michael Johnson > wrote:
>
> > wrote:
> > > Is this possible? Only thing im worried about is the tranny kickdown.
> > > I had enough trouble just putting an edelbrock carb on it. Would I
> > > have to fab up a custom kickdown rod and linkage or do they make em?

> > What year of car and what blower are you considering. *Will it have fuel
> > injection or carburetor?

> 69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at superchargers in awhile. Wont be
> until next year when I do this.

Its hard to decide too because they dont list them as year or car
specific. Wish they did. I know they are not that common to have which
makes it even harder to find someone with an educated opinion on what
to get.
Old July 14th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:
> On Jul 13, 7:08 pm, wrote:

>>> What year of car and what blower are you considering. Will it have fuel
>>> injection or carburetor?

>> 69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at superchargers in awhile. Wont be
>> until next year when I do this.

> Its hard to decide too because they dont list them as year or car
> specific. Wish they did. I know they are not that common to have which
> makes it even harder to find someone with an educated opinion on what
> to get.

First you need to decide on whether you want a Roots, centrifugal or
twin screw type of blower. Then you can find a kit and work on the
details. Expect to do a lot of fabrication work to make it right and
look good. With a Roots or twin screw you will need to have it sticking
out of the hood. With a centrifugal you can keep the stock hood. The
key it to keep your compression low, deliver plenty of fuel to the
combustion chambers and avoid detonation at all costs. After that it is
a piece of cake.
Old July 15th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

> The Shelby Mustangs in the 60's had a blower as a dealer installed option.
> It was a centrifigal type, with a carb in a box. Paxton is now making a
> kit that emulates those old parts. Pretty good system, mostly bolt on (as
> much as anything can be a bolt on).
>
> http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001843.html
>
> --------
> .boB

Shades of 1957.

Al

Old July 17th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 13, 8:55*pm, ".boB" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Jul 13, 7:02 pm, Michael Johnson
> > > wrote:

> >> What year of car and what blower are you
> >> considering. Will it have
> >> fuel injection or carburetor?

> > 69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at
> > superchargers in awhile. Wont be
> > until next year when I do this.

> --
>
> The Shelby Mustangs in the 60's had a blower as a
> dealer installed option. *It was a centrifigal
> type, with a carb in a box. * Paxton is now making
> a kit that emulates those old parts. *Pretty good
> system, mostly bolt on (as much as anything can be
> a bolt on).
>
> http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001843.html
>
> --------
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2008 Mustang Coupe
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1965 FFR Cobra - *427W EFI, Damn Fast.- Hide quoted text -

Ive just always wanted a mad max blower stickin out of the hood. Thats
the goal.
Old July 17th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:
> On Jul 13, 8:55 pm, ".boB" > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> On Jul 13, 7:02 pm, Michael Johnson
>>> 69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at
>>> superchargers in awhile. Wont be
>>> until next year when I do this.

>> --
>>
>> The Shelby Mustangs in the 60's had a blower as a
>> dealer installed option. It was a centrifigal
>> type, with a carb in a box. Paxton is now making
>> a kit that emulates those old parts. Pretty good
>> system, mostly bolt on (as much as anything can be
>> a bolt on).

http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001843.html

>> --------
>> .boB
>> 2006 FXDI hot rod
>> 2008 Mustang Coupe
>> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
>> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.- Hide quoted text -

> Ive just always wanted a mad max blower stickin out of the hood. Thats
> the goal.

Then you eed to decide on a Roots or twin screw type of blower. Twin
screws are much more efficient (i.e. makes more power per pound of
boost) than a Roots but are also more expensive.
Old July 18th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

On Jul 17, 2:30*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 13, 8:55*pm, ".boB" > wrote:
>

> > wrote:
> > > On Jul 13, 7:02 pm, Michael Johnson

> > > 69 mustang, carbed. I havent look at
> > > superchargers in awhile. Wont be
> > > until next year when I do this.

> > --

> > The Shelby Mustangs in the 60's had a blower as a
> > dealer installed option. *It was a centrifigal
> > type, with a carb in a box. * Paxton is now making
> > a kit that emulates those old parts. *Pretty good
> > system, mostly bolt on (as much as anything can be
> > a bolt on).

> >http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001843.html

> > --------
> > .boB
> > 2006 FXDI hot rod
> > 2008 Mustang Coupe
> > 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> > 1965 FFR Cobra - *427W EFI, Damn Fast.- Hide quoted text -

> Ive just always wanted a mad max blower stickin out of the hood. Thats
> the goal.- Hide quoted text -

oooh. The here's the one you want : www.dyersblowers.com.

They even have a 351W kit .

Dan
P49Y83+

302 or 351W [email protected] Ford Mustang 5 May 7th 08 02:19 AM
351w chevyman84 Ford Mustang 9 March 15th 08 09:53 PM
AWA [OFFER] automatic gate operator,automatic barrier,hunting knife [email protected] General 0 December 22nd 05 05:51 AM
351w into a CJ7 Mike Duane Jr. Jeep 2 June 15th 05 12:22 AM
83 351W What will it fit? Spike Ford Mustang 1 May 8th 05 04:14 AM