Curious - which do you consider worse?

Old October 7th 05, 04:39 AM
Ben

Default Curious - which do you consider worse?

Last week, I was driving through my apt. complex trying to get to my
reserved space.

There's a guy with a pickup and a motorcycle which he parks in the 1
space and he had backed his pickup completely out of his space to get
his bike out.

But this blocked my path to my space. It wasn't the only path, but
the alternate was inconvenient and out of the way.

I didn't honk or anything - didn't want to deal with it, so I just
sheepishly took the alternate path.

He could easily have moved his bike without moving his truck, IMO -
just walk or ride it up on the sidewalk to an empty space and leave.

His motorcycle is obnoxiously loud and the fact that he parks both his
bike and his pickup in 1 space means his pickup sticks out into the
right of way a couple of feet.

This morning, I had just pulled out and was about to light a
cigarette. Normally, I just slow down to do this, but today I noticed
he was about to back out, so I actually stopped just long enough to
get the thing lit - yeah, just to see how he liked being momentarily
blocked.

He honked, I finished lighting my cigarette, flipped him off and went
on my way. (So passive aggressive of me, wasn't it?).

All in all, he delayed me more than I delayed him and he honked at
7AM, while I'm sure many residents were still sleeping.

I was really tempted to put aside the passive portion of it and stop
while I waited for the gates to open, but he was going so slow, I
couldn't even see him behind me (and there is only 1 exit). Then
driving down the highway, I thought about putting a note on his
windshield asking him if he went to school to learn to be such an
asshole or if it just came with driving an obnoxiously loud bike or an
obnoxiously big vehicle.

(If you ever have to deal with me, 7AM is NOT the time to do it - I'm
hardly ever in a good mood that early.)

By the time I got back home, I didn't feel like being an asshole
myself by putting a note on his car.

But I'm wondering what others think - I mean he was only delayed about
3 seconds before he honked. He had no reason to believe I was being
passive aggressive. All in all, he was only delayed about 5 seconds.
I spent about 10 times that amount detouring for his convenience last
week.

I think I will put that note on his car. I'm sick to death of loud
bikes and oversized vehicles.

Maybe I won't - I'm pretty tired right now, and doing such things
provides little satisfaction anyway.
Old October 7th 05, 06:48 AM
The Real Bev

Ben wrote:

> I think I will put that note on his car. I'm sick to death of loud
> bikes and oversized vehicles.

Too subtle. Icepick his tires and smash his windshield.

> Maybe I won't - I'm pretty tired right now, and doing such things
> provides little satisfaction anyway.

Then you haven't been doing it right!

Really, provided for entertainment purposes only, nobody should ever do
anything mean like that, we are all brethren/sistren, we are the world...

Probably safer to just loosen two of his valve cores.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 7th 05, 07:21 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

You handled this poorly. You should have done nothing to let on that
you're angry and then some night slashed his tires and put a note on
his PU explaining why. Now if you do it he'll know it's you and slash
your tires.

Old October 7th 05, 07:29 AM
Ben

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:48:13 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>Ben wrote:
>
>> I think I will put that note on his car. I'm sick to death of loud
>> bikes and oversized vehicles.

>Too subtle. Icepick his tires and smash his windshield.

LOL, I like that idea, but I'm just too passive-agressive to resort to
vandalism.

>> Maybe I won't - I'm pretty tired right now, and doing such things
>> provides little satisfaction anyway.

>Then you haven't been doing it right!

Heh - obviously.

Old October 7th 05, 07:34 AM
Ben

On 6 Oct 2005 23:21:32 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>You handled this poorly. You should have done nothing to let on that
>you're angry and then some night slashed his tires and put a note on
>his PU explaining why.

Yeah - explain exactly why and provide evidence that could be used in
court against me? (I just got selected for jury in a criminal case
today, BTW).

I don't want to vandalize his vehicles, you ****. At the very worst,
I would leave a note on his car or tell him what an asshole he is to
his face.

He was being slothful this morning, despite his honking at me for
having to wait long enough for me to light a cigarette, but if he had
done something like tailgate me all the way to the exit gates, I would
have stopped my car and gotten out and bitched him out then and there.

I was actually a little bit disappointed that I didn't even see the
******* behind me as I waited for the gates to open.

Old October 7th 05, 10:25 AM
Pooh Bear

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> You handled this poorly. You should have done nothing to let on that
> you're angry and then some night slashed his tires and put a note on
> his PU explaining why. Now if you do it he'll know it's you and slash
> your tires.

Oh great !

Not only are you terminally dumb but you show it too !

Since when was any problem solved by tyre slashing ?

Graham

Old October 7th 05, 12:57 PM
Paul.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:39:37 -0700, Ben > said the
following in rec.autos.driving...

<snip>

I see you have met the resident troll of the group...

> But I'm wondering what others think - I mean he was only delayed about
> 3 seconds before he honked. He had no reason to believe I was being
> passive aggressive. All in all, he was only delayed about 5 seconds.
> I spent about 10 times that amount detouring for his convenience last

Seriously, though, have you said anything to your landlord (or apartment
complex manager or whom ever you take the rent to) about what this guy is
doing (obstructing the driveway, excessive noise with the bike etc...)?
This guy you are describing sounds like trouble. Let the landlord deal
with him.

--
Paul.

Self appointed unofficial overseer
of kooks and trolls in rec.autos.driving
Old October 7th 05, 01:06 PM
The Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend Blade

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend:

> You handled this poorly. You should have done nothing to let on that
> you're angry and then some night slashed his tires and put a note on
> his PU explaining why. Now if you do it he'll know it's you and slash
> your tires.

You stupid ****wit. He does that and either way the guy with the truck is
going to know *exactly* who did that to his tires. You really are a
****ing moron sometimes. Did you know that??
Old October 7th 05, 03:05 PM
Scott en Aztlán

wrote:

>Last week, I was driving through my apt. complex trying to get to my
>reserved space.

>But I'm wondering what others think

I think that, instead of starting a war with your Harley
Mouth-Breather neighbor, you should move out and rent yourself a
house. The last apartment I lived in (which was over 12 years ago)
every time I would move my car out of my assigned space, some asshole
visiting one of my neighbors would park in it despite all the HUGE
signs that said "residents only." There were six units in the
building, so I'd have to go knocking door-to-door to find out who
owned the car. Usually they'd give some lame excuse like "I was only
going to be there a few minutes" - as if that somehow made it all
right. And when they're not parking in your space, they're playing
loud music or shouting at their kids or otherwise disturbing you.

Apartments blow dead bears. I'll never live in one again.

Old October 7th 05, 04:14 PM
Ben

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:05:37 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 20:39:37 -0700, Ben >
>wrote:
>
>>Last week, I was driving through my apt. complex trying to get to my
>>reserved space.

>>But I'm wondering what others think

>I think that, instead of starting a war with your Harley
>Mouth-Breather neighbor, you should move out and rent yourself a
>house. The last apartment I lived in (which was over 12 years ago)
>every time I would move my car out of my assigned space, some asshole
>visiting one of my neighbors would park in it despite all the HUGE
>signs that said "residents only." There were six units in the
>building, so I'd have to go knocking door-to-door to find out who
>owned the car. Usually they'd give some lame excuse like "I was only
>going to be there a few minutes" - as if that somehow made it all
>right. And when they're not parking in your space, they're playing
>loud music or shouting at their kids or otherwise disturbing you.
>
>Apartments blow dead bears. I'll never live in one again.

I'm hopefully moving to a whole other state soon. I'm currently in
talks with a potential new employer and their relocation program
includes "temporary housing", whatever that may be.

I've never had a problem with anyone parking in my space here though,
and as new as the buildings are, they're amazingly well sound-proofed
between apartments.

I've only had to bitch at my neighbors for being loud a few times.
One was trouble, the other hasn't made a sound since I banged on his
door and told him to turn down his TV.

The troublemakers moved out though.

Gotta run - I'm late for work. Fortunately, the only thing I really
plan to get accomplished today is a phone interview with my
(hopefully) new employer.

D.C. Red Light Cameras Ineffective OR WORSE (except for making money) - New Study Ashton Crusher Driving 2 October 6th 05 03:04 AM
Curious about automatic window Milleron Honda 2 August 20th 05 05:40 AM
valve train noise or worse ? carl Technology 13 July 24th 05 05:00 PM
Just Curious..... * Technology 3 May 31st 05 03:18 AM
Vibration in my SW2...getting worse every day... WTP07 Saturn 2 October 24th 04 01:13 AM