04 Wrangler Unlimited Auto trans Shifting Issues

Old September 26th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Default 04 Wrangler Unlimited Auto trans Shifting Issues

I'd guess 4:88s
Since you're playing in the sand and not rock crawling...
To quote one of the guys in our club: "Whoever says driving 3 miles an hour
can't be exciting, obviously hasn't tried rock crawling."

Kate

"Dustin Macdonald" > wrote in message
I have the stock 30" goodyear tires with no lift and a hard top.
Pretty basic setup with no mods. 47,000 miles. No deep water lately.

Thanks so much for the tips. I will look into the different gearing
options. From what I've read, this year's axles has 3.73 gear ratio.
I don't do any rock crawling. Most of my wheelin involves snow or
dusty desert & mexico trails. And, I need to keep my freeway speed as
this is my daily driver.

Any recommendation on gearing given my wheeling style and a daily driver.

Old September 26th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

One too many gears is my guess. We bought a Cutlass just like that,
when it bogs on a long climb, it does a double downshift and peaks the
tach out. Thought I blew something first time it happened, now I lock
out OD on that long climb.

Then if I read in my Jeep owners manual, it 'does' say not to use OD on
hill climbs or when towing and I don't use it, OD in my Jeep's 5 speed
on that same long hill so....

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Wrangler unlimited jerryg Jeep 1 April 18th 07 02:47 PM
07 Wrangler Unlimited Brian Foster Jeep 31 August 6th 06 11:11 PM
auto trans shifting late njot Saturn 6 January 24th 06 10:55 PM
98 SL2 Auto Trans Shifting Problems jake292 Saturn 10 July 13th 05 06:16 PM
Towing with Wrangler Unlimited [email protected] Jeep 15 December 8th 04 01:46 AM