Whats in my 95 YJ

Old November 4th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jerryg

Default Whats in my 95 YJ

Greetings.

I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be a stock set
up or were there other options on the 95. I am assuming I have open
diffs, but really don't know. It has a hitch on it, but I don't know
if it was part of a tow package, or aftermarket. Could someone
enlighten me?

Thank you,

Greg

Old November 4th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Garth Almgren[_2_]

Around 11/3/2007 6:04 PM, jerryg wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be a stock set
> up or were there other options on the 95.

Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.

> I am assuming I have open diffs, but really don't know.

Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?

> It has a hitch on it, but I don't know
> if it was part of a tow package, or aftermarket. Could someone
> enlighten me?

Contact Jeep using the link below, give them your VIN, and ask for a
build sheet for your Jeep:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8l27

That'll give you a list of everything your Jeep originally came equipped
from the factory with, but won't include any dealer-installed extras.

--
~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
{ }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"
Old November 4th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jerryg

On Nov 3, 11:00 pm, Garth Almgren > wrote:
> Around 11/3/2007 6:04 PM, jerryg wrote:
>
> > Greetings.

> > I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be a stock set
> > up or were there other options on the 95.

> Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.
>
> > I am assuming I have open diffs, but really don't know.

> Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?
>
> > It has a hitch on it, but I don't know
> > if it was part of a tow package, or aftermarket. Could someone
> > enlighten me?

> Contact Jeep using the link below, give them your VIN, and ask for a
> build sheet for your Jeep:http://tinyurl.com/2y8l27
>
> That'll give you a list of everything your Jeep originally came equipped
> from the factory with, but won't include any dealer-installed extras.
>
> --
> ~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
> { }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

Thank you very much. Have a great day.

Greg

Old November 4th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_20_]

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> Around 11/3/2007 6:04 PM, jerryg wrote:
>
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be
> > a stock set up or were there other options on the 95.

> Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.
>
> > I am assuming I have open diffs, but really don't know.

> Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?

They can have a Trac-Loc, either factory or dealer-installed. While a
Trac-Loc limits slip enough to get you into trouble on icy roads, it
will slip in uneven traction situations, making it less than ideal as an
automatic locker. When that happens, application of the brakes will
stop the free-spinning wheel and restore traction. The Trac-Loc is good
because it does not void the factory warranty, even if dealer installed,
and will have less of a tendency to break the fragile Dana 35c axle. It
is less than optimal because it is not a real locker and requires more
frequent axle fluid changes with a special additive. It can be made to
limit slip more firmly by the addition of another clutch disc pair.

Cheers,

Earle

Old November 4th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jerryg

On Nov 4, 9:43 am, "Earle Horton" > wrote:
> "Garth Almgren" > wrote in message

> > Around 11/3/2007 6:04 PM, jerryg wrote:

> > > Greetings.

> > > I have a 95 Sahara. NP 231, Dana 35 and 30. Would this be
> > > a stock set up or were there other options on the 95.

> > Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.

> > > I am assuming I have open diffs, but really don't know.

> > Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?

> They can have a Trac-Loc, either factory or dealer-installed. While a
> Trac-Loc limits slip enough to get you into trouble on icy roads, it
> will slip in uneven traction situations, making it less than ideal as an
> automatic locker. When that happens, application of the brakes will
> stop the free-spinning wheel and restore traction. The Trac-Loc is good
> because it does not void the factory warranty, even if dealer installed,
> and will have less of a tendency to break the fragile Dana 35c axle. It
> is less than optimal because it is not a real locker and requires more
> frequent axle fluid changes with a special additive. It can be made to
> limit slip more firmly by the addition of another clutch disc pair.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Earle
>

> > > It has a hitch on it, but I don't know
> > > if it was part of a tow package, or aftermarket. Could someone
> > > enlighten me?

> > Contact Jeep using the link below, give them your VIN, and ask
> > for a build sheet for your Jeep:
> >http://tinyurl.com/2y8l27

> > That'll give you a list of everything your Jeep originally came

> equipped
> > from the factory with, but won't include any dealer-installed extras.

> > --
> > ~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
> > { }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

Thanks Earle!

Greg

Old November 4th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jerryg

On Nov 4, 5:30 pm, jerryg > wrote:
> On Nov 4, 9:43 am, "Earle Horton" > wrote:

> > > Pretty sure this was how every YJ was set up.

> > > Probably. Was limited slip even an option for YJs?

> > They can have a Trac-Loc, either factory or dealer-installed. While a
> > Trac-Loc limits slip enough to get you into trouble on icy roads, it
> > will slip in uneven traction situations, making it less than ideal as an
> > automatic locker. When that happens, application of the brakes will
> > stop the free-spinning wheel and restore traction. The Trac-Loc is good
> > because it does not void the factory warranty, even if dealer installed,
> > and will have less of a tendency to break the fragile Dana 35c axle. It
> > is less than optimal because it is not a real locker and requires more
> > frequent axle fluid changes with a special additive. It can be made to
> > limit slip more firmly by the addition of another clutch disc pair.

> > Cheers,

> > Earle

> > > Contact Jeep using the link below, give them your VIN, and ask
> > > for a build sheet for your Jeep:
> > >http://tinyurl.com/2y8l27

> > > That'll give you a list of everything your Jeep originally came

> > equipped
> > > from the factory with, but won't include any dealer-installed extras.

> > > --
> > > ~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
> > > { }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

> > --

> Thanks Earle!
>
> Greg- Hide quoted text -

Hey Earle, you mean "get you out of trouble on icy roads"?

Old November 5th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_20_]

"jerryg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Nov 4, 5:30 pm, jerryg > wrote:
> > On Nov 4, 9:43 am, "Earle Horton" > wrote:

> > > They can have a Trac-Loc, either factory or dealer-installed.
> > > While a Trac-Loc limits slip enough to get you into trouble on
> > > icy roads, it will slip in uneven traction situations, making it

less
> > > than ideal as an automatic locker....

> > Thanks Earle!
> >
> > Greg- Hide quoted text -

> Hey Earle, you mean "get you out of trouble on icy roads"?

Nope, meant what I said, heh. If you're not going sideways, you
probably don't have one.

Cheers,

Earle

bmw m4 whats up miecio BMW 1 March 5th 07 08:38 PM
whats this.... Domestos Alfa Romeo 11 October 16th 05 10:54 AM
Whats the best/right way to .... Dick VW air cooled 1 September 29th 05 04:22 AM
WHATS YOU BEST MOD! Tim & Cindy McDonald Corvette 24 June 2nd 05 03:44 PM
whats wrong? gabriel Honda 7 February 11th 05 03:39 PM