Glass mounted window regulator channels?

Old October 4th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

Default Glass mounted window regulator channels?

Just got off the phone with a guy who owns a '90 K2500 Chevy P/U. He
said he hit a bump and both windows dropped into the doors. I had him
look into the door and he says he can see the regulator moving but the
channels are rusted. Looking in my crash book and on a couple parts
sites and the appear that you only get them with new glass? Not what I
expected. But since I try to avoid glass work maybe it's the case?

Anyone got a place where I can get them? No problem getting the old ones
off and cleaning the adhesive off.

--
Steve W.
Old October 4th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marsh Monster

On Oct 3, 7:56?pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
> Just got off the phone with a guy who owns a '90 K2500 Chevy P/U. He
> said he hit a bump and both windows dropped into the doors. I had him
> look into the door and he says he can see the regulator moving but the
> channels are rusted. Looking in my crash book and on a couple parts
> sites and the appear that you only get them with new glass? Not what I
> expected. But since I try to avoid glass work maybe it's the case?
>
> Anyone got a place where I can get them? No problem getting the old ones
> off and cleaning the adhesive off.
>
> --
> Steve W.

=======
=======

Sorry Steve...not a clue for new ones.

A suggestion....? that I know you've already thought of...

send one of the shop guys to the bone yard to try and
find a truck that glass has been broken out of, might be
able to get just the channels from them, being as the glass
is broken.

srry can't help anyfurther....gl.

~:~
mm
~:~

Old October 4th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

Marsh Monster wrote:
> On Oct 3, 7:56?pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
>> Just got off the phone with a guy who owns a '90 K2500 Chevy P/U. He
>> said he hit a bump and both windows dropped into the doors. I had him
>> look into the door and he says he can see the regulator moving but the
>> channels are rusted. Looking in my crash book and on a couple parts
>> sites and the appear that you only get them with new glass? Not what I
>> expected. But since I try to avoid glass work maybe it's the case?
>>
>> Anyone got a place where I can get them? No problem getting the old ones
>> off and cleaning the adhesive off.
>>
>> --
>> Steve W.

> =======
> =======
>
> Sorry Steve...not a clue for new ones.
>

> A suggestion....? that I know you've already thought of...
>
> send one of the shop guys to the bone yard to try and
> find a truck that glass has been broken out of, might be
> able to get just the channels from them, being as the glass
> is broken.
>
> srry can't help anyfurther....gl.
>

> ~:~
> mm
> ~:~

No problem. May end up making some if the local yards can't come up with
some that aren't rotted. They don't look like anything real special.

-
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Old October 6th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
phil[_2_]

Michael's auto salvage in howell michigan 517-546-4111 and you use window
urethane glue to glue in place

window regulator helpmeplease BMW 0 April 3rd 06 01:43 AM
SN65: fenders mounted, ready for glass Backyard Mechanic Ford Mustang 3 January 20th 06 02:10 AM
What is the best window regulator? Guardenman VW water cooled 3 October 10th 05 06:23 AM
Window run channels on '01 Prelude gotee12 Honda 1 July 15th 05 12:10 AM
A6 - Window regulator scratching glass John Prendergast Audi 2 September 23rd 04 09:07 AM