Kinda quiet about Nascar 08?

Old July 26th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Therron Thomas

Default Kinda quiet about Nascar 08?

Anyone playing the Xbox 360 Version?

I picked it up and the graphics are beautiful but the gameplay is pretty
tough. Maybe I have been playing Forza too much?

Anyone have thoughts on it?

Old July 27th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
cowoffunk

It's no GPL

. ..

Old July 27th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
btgoss

Does it have the modifieds in it?

Old July 28th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
schooner

It's no NR2003.

It awful actually. No control of car under pitting, all cautions are
cutscenes as soon as they happen, no control under cautions, online is a
warpfest, no forcefeedback settings for wheel its full on 100% force all
time. The graphics are bad, at least on Infineon, was a bleak jagfest.

Basically it is what you would expect from EA in a NASCAR sim title.

Old July 28th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
deadguy3

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:01:09 -0400,
Therron Thomas wrote:

> Anyone playing the Xbox 360 Version?
>
> I picked it up and the graphics are beautiful but the gameplay is pretty
> tough. Maybe I have been playing Forza too much?
>
> Anyone have thoughts on it?

stop buying ea crap, the sooner they
give up the better.
Old July 29th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"schooner" > wrote in message
> It's no NR2003.
>
> It awful actually. No control of car under pitting, all cautions are
> cutscenes as soon as they happen, no control under cautions, online is
> a warpfest, no forcefeedback settings for wheel its full on 100% force
> all time. The graphics are bad, at least on Infineon, was a bleak
> jagfest.
>
> Basically it is what you would expect from EA in a NASCAR sim title.

No PC version until at least Q1 2008. Maybe none at all. This comes from
a popular software outlet, so I cannot confirm it.

Ed

Old August 8th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Will D[_2_]

The demo was complete garbage. Everything about it sucked. The
responsiveness was not there. It's like there's a huge deadzone where the
car just doesn't respond and then when it does, it goes all over the place.
I kept trying thinking it was just me, but it just never felt any better.

Horrible game. It's gonna take a lot of fixing before i ever buy another EA
NASCAR game. I have NASCAR '04 for the XBox, and it's pretty fun. Maybe not
the most realistic, but it WAS fun. '08 is complete crap.

- Will