2000 Fors Explorer, changing the fuel filter

Old August 18th 05, 08:03 AM
weatherbe

Default 2000 Fors Explorer, changing the fuel filter

I have the tool they sell to accomplish this. I took the clips off and gave
it a go following the picture on the package. It doesn't want to budge it
seems? Any insight or trick to this I should know? Thanks for any help
here.

Old August 18th 05, 02:27 PM

weatherbe wrote:
> I have the tool they sell to accomplish this. I took the clips off and gave
> it a go following the picture on the package. It doesn't want to budge it
> seems? Any insight or trick to this I should know? Thanks for any help
> here.

Go to this site "http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php" and
search for fuel filter. There is pictures and other informations there.

Old August 18th 05, 06:24 PM
moonboysd

so the tool doesn't even work anmd the site won't pull up

Old August 18th 05, 06:32 PM
moonboysd

so the tool doesn't work and the site posted won't pull up. So what
home/shop tool does the special fuel filter nonworking tool most resemble

Old August 18th 05, 10:17 PM
ross via CarKB.com

weatherbe wrote:
>I have the tool they sell to accomplish this. I took the clips off and gave
>it a go following the picture on the package. It doesn't want to budge it
>seems? Any insight or trick to this I should know? Thanks for any help
>here.

I have a set of these (plastic). The package said use the 3/8 tool for Ford
fuel filters, not the 5/16. The 3/8 worked great.

Old August 19th 05, 02:09 AM
Jim Warman

In our area, it is commonplace for these connections to load up with mud,
sand and road debris.... This can pack in behind the reatainer spring making
it difficult to collapse the spring.... repeated efforts without cleaning
the connection can even damage the springs so that they wont hold any more.