05 JGC V6 OXY Sensor location(s)?

Old November 5th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
BobMCT

Default 05 JGC V6 OXY Sensor location(s)?

Quick one for you mechanics. On an 05 laredo with the V6 I'm seeing a
DTC of P0132 regarding the O2S reading of high.
I can only find one sensor. Where are the TWO located on this
monster?

I get this code in conjunction with a P0300 which itself carries a lot
of potential causes. Anyone care to recommend which cause might be
the most common?

Thanks
Old November 5th 12, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

BobMCT wrote:
> Quick one for you mechanics. On an 05 laredo with the V6 I'm seeing a
> DTC of P0132 regarding the O2S reading of high.
> I can only find one sensor. Where are the TWO located on this
> monster?
>
> I get this code in conjunction with a P0300 which itself carries a lot
> of potential causes. Anyone care to recommend which cause might be
> the most common?
>
> Thanks

One will be downstream from the catalytic converter
Just follow the exhaust pipe
The other will be tucked up close to the connection between
the downpipe and exhaust header.

That can mean the O2 sensors heater has stopped or didn't heat
in time. Not a big issue in itself.

P0300
http://engine-codes.com/p0300_jeep.html

How old is your fuel filter. If this happens under load then
it likley is the filter.

--
DougW