Liberty First oil change!

Old July 26th 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

Default Liberty First oil change!

Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got
the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The
diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10 and
20. Oh well.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Old July 26th 12, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PeterD

On 7/26/2012 12:51 AM, JKConey wrote:
> Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got
> the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The
> diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10 and
> 20. Oh well.

Bet it will go up a bit by the time you hit 6-8K miles. It took me
almost 10K to see an improvement in mileage on my Ram truck. However,
also realize that driving habits impact mileage more than anything else.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old July 26th 12, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That's about right for a KK.
Lift it, regear it, put bigger tires on it and call it good!
Our '04 gets 21-23 mpg on the freeway with 245-75-16's and 4:10 gears.

Old July 29th 12, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

On 7/26/2012 7:52 AM, PeterD wrote:
> On 7/26/2012 12:51 AM, JKConey wrote:
>> Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got
>> the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The
>> diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10 and
>> 20. Oh well.
>>

> Bet it will go up a bit by the time you hit 6-8K miles. It took me
> almost 10K to see an improvement in mileage on my Ram truck. However,
> also realize that driving habits impact mileage more than anything else.

I go out of my way to drive like an old lady while I'm testing, and
it just plain sucks in stop and go driving.

Old July 29th 12, 11:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PeterD

On 7/28/2012 10:24 PM, JKConey wrote:
> On 7/26/2012 7:52 AM, PeterD wrote:
>> On 7/26/2012 12:51 AM, JKConey wrote:
>>> Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got
>>> the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The
>>> diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10 and
>>> 20. Oh well.
>>>

>> Bet it will go up a bit by the time you hit 6-8K miles. It took me
>> almost 10K to see an improvement in mileage on my Ram truck. However,
>> also realize that driving habits impact mileage more than anything else.
>>

> I go out of my way to drive like an old lady while I'm testing, and
> it just plain sucks in stop and go driving.

I know, I drive very conservatively when I'm in my Dodge truck, (and a
few other vehicles I have, all bigger ones.) Realize that the sticker is
based on optimal circumstances using controlled environments (that makes
it easier to compare different vehicles...) and that Jeep has never set
records for fuel economy either!

Regardless, re-check at 10K miles and I'm sure you will see a change.
Mine went from 11 to 13 MPG at about 15K miles (a 2004 Hemi 2500 HD Ram.)

--
I'm never going to grow up.