Where Are The Street Versions?

Old November 2nd 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Where Are The Street Versions?

Street versions of the COPO, Cobra Jet and the drag-race Challenger
with 6-pack-style hood (maybe slap on some AAR stickers = All American
Racer? -- I know, I know that designation was a 'Cuda and a road
racer, but the acronym could work for a drag racer, and Challenger
too.) are needed, now!

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...ders-pedigree/

Patrick

Old November 2nd 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Nov 2, 2:34*pm, " >
wrote:
> Street versions of the COPO, Cobra Jet and the drag-race Challenger
> with 6-pack-style hood (maybe slap on some AAR stickers = All American
> Racer? -- I know, I know that designation was a 'Cuda and a road
> racer, but the acronym could work for a drag racer, and Challenger
> too.) are needed, now!
>
> http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...a-quarter-mile...
>
> Patrick

A friend i've mine did an incredible job with his street legal CJ
clone... Article is a bit dated.. he's added a blower and has run at
least a 10.83@125 MPH...

http://www.stangtv.com/news/street-l...bra-jet-clone/

I believe a lot of the CJ parts are actually available from Ford
Racing...
Old November 2nd 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Nov 2, 11:12*am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2:34*pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > Street versions of the COPO, Cobra Jet and the drag-race Challenger
> > with 6-pack-style hood (maybe slap on some AAR stickers = All American
> > Racer? -- I know, I know that designation was a 'Cuda and a road
> > racer, but the acronym could work for a drag racer, and Challenger
> > too.) are needed, now!

> >http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...a-quarter-mile...

> A friend i've mine did an incredible job with his street legal CJ
> clone... *Article is a bit dated.. he's added a blower and has run at
> least a 10.83@125 MPH...

> http://www.stangtv.com/news/street-l...bra-jet-clone/

Nice, very nice! Though, I think a less "decaled" version would be
cool, with just some discrete CJ badges in the grill and on the
fenders.

> I believe a lot of the CJ parts are actually available from Ford
> Racing...

Which makes me wonder why Ford just doesn't put one together.

Patrick

Old November 3rd 11, 10:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Nov 2, 7:04*pm, " >
wrote:
> On Nov 2, 11:12*am, "John S." > wrote:
>
> > On Nov 2, 2:34*pm, " >
> > wrote:

> > > Street versions of the COPO, Cobra Jet and the drag-race Challenger
> > > with 6-pack-style hood (maybe slap on some AAR stickers = All American
> > > Racer? -- I know, I know that designation was a 'Cuda and a road
> > > racer, but the acronym could work for a drag racer, and Challenger
> > > too.) are needed, now!
> > >http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...a-quarter-mile....

> > A friend i've mine did an incredible job with his street legal CJ
> > clone... *Article is a bit dated.. he's added a blower and has run at
> > least a 10.83@125 MPH...
> >http://www.stangtv.com/news/street-l...bra-jet-clone/

> Nice, very nice! *Though, I think a less "decaled" version would be
> cool, with just some discrete CJ badges in the grill and on the
> fenders.
>
> > I believe a lot of the CJ parts are actually available from Ford
> > Racing...

> Which makes me wonder why Ford just doesn't put one together.
>
> Patrick

On the decals... I think if you seen it in person you might change
your mind... I will admit, I really dislike clones and "tribute"
cars... But I LOVE this one!