PICS/VID: World Premier of Alfa Romeo - Alfa Mi.To

Old March 17th 08, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
JLA

Default PICS/VID: World Premier of Alfa Romeo - Alfa Mi.To

With the imminent arrival of its new Mi.To, Alfa Romeo will soon be
offering a new generation of Alfa aficionados its most compact sporty
car to date.

A contemporary and innovative design, with a name redolent of history,
the choice of Mi.To has great evocative resonance for Alfa Romeo,
since it was chosen as a sign of a deep-seated link between the past
and future of the brand: between Milan, the city of design that
brought the car’s style into being, and Turin, which will be
responsible for its industrial production. This decision highlights
the brand’s strong desire to consolidate its Milanese roots.

The Mi.To is the first new Alfa Romeo to be built since the 8C
Competizione, Alfa Romeo’s icon of style and technology, from which
it borrows certain characteristic traits: the particular shape of the
frameless side windows, the distinctive frontal treatment, the shape
of the headlights and the LED tail lights. The headlights and tail
lights represent a distinctive personalised featu the front and
rear lighting surrounds exhibit different forms of material
processing and colours, which will allow customers to create an
ultra-stylish ‘eye-liner’ effect that underscores the car’s style and
assertiveness.

The highly ‘personal’ dashboard and seats ensure that the interior
represents the ultimate expression of Italian style: welcoming yet
sporty, with top-quality materials and close attention to detail; all
wrapped in a compact and dynamic shape – Mi.To is 4.06 metres long,
1.44 metres high and 1.72 metres wide.

Performance and technology must always be top-of-the-range in an Alfa
Romeo. As with all the brand’s models, the Mi.To is able to appeal to
the most demanding customers with its exciting driveability, a factor
which is determined in part by Alfa’s new DNA system. This
driver-operated system acts directly on the engine, brakes, steering,
suspension and gearbox, allowing three different vehicle behaviour
modes based on the driving style best suited to the situation or the
customer’s wishes: sporting (Dynamic), town driving (Normal), maximum
safety even in difficult grip conditions (All-Weather). Mi.To is the
first car in its segment to offer such innovative technological
content.

Strong performance is guaranteed by a turbocharged range of petrol and
diesel engines spanning 90-155bhp, with the range due to be extended
by higher powered versions.

Performance and handling have been developed and optimised to offer
maximum driving satisfaction in complete safety. The Mi.To offers a
true Alfa Romeo sporting set-up, featuring contractive suspensions –
standard on all specifications and engines – that minimise roll and
offer maximum active, passive and preventive safety. Alfa Romeo’s
specially developed VDC stability system is fitted as standard, and
the vehicle structure is already designed to obtain a top Euro ncap
crash safety rating in the future.

The Alfa Mi.To will be introduced to the international press during
June and will then be gradually introduced from July in all the major
markets.

View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

Old March 18th 08, 07:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

JLA wrote:
<snip>

> View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

Hmmm, not sure about that at all.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old March 18th 08, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tony R

Catman wrote:

>> View the attachments for this post at:
>> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976
>>

> Hmmm, not sure about that at all.

Me too
Old March 19th 08, 11:43 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"JLA" > wrote in message
> With the imminent arrival of its new Mi.To, Alfa Romeo will soon be
> offering a new generation of Alfa aficionados its most compact sporty
> car to date.

[snip]
> View the attachments for this post at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

I showed these pictures to a friend who has just traded his 'friday
afternoon' 147 for something smaller. He said it looks great, but he wonders
which part is designed to fall off first on this one! I told him 'the
value'!

Old March 19th 08, 12:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "JLA" > wrote in message
>> With the imminent arrival of its new Mi.To, Alfa Romeo will soon be
>> offering a new generation of Alfa aficionados its most compact sporty
>> car to date.
>>

> [snip]
>> View the attachments for this post at:
>> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

> I showed these pictures to a friend who has just traded his 'friday
> afternoon' 147 for something smaller. He said it looks great, but he wonders
> which part is designed to fall off first on this one! I told him 'the
> value'!

*old* joke

Old March 19th 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
m...
> GT wrote:
>> "JLA" > wrote in message
>>> With the imminent arrival of its new Mi.To, Alfa Romeo will soon be
>>> offering a new generation of Alfa aficionados its most compact sporty
>>> car to date.
>>>

>> [snip]
>>> View the attachments for this post at:
>>> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

>> I showed these pictures to a friend who has just traded his 'friday
>> afternoon' 147 for something smaller. He said it looks great, but he
>> wonders which part is designed to fall off first on this one! I told him
>> 'the value'!

> *old* joke

Over 4 years, his Alfa just about spent more time in the garage with break
and suspension trouble than on the road!

Old March 19th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Halmyre[_2_]

In article >,
says...
> Catman wrote:
>
> >> View the attachments for this post at:

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

> > Hmmm, not sure about that at all.

> Me too

Too nose heavy? This seems to be a common theme in new Alfas. And how do
you pronounce the name? Mitto? Meye-toe? Mee-toe?

BTW, don't you just *hate* web sites that have embedded media files in
them?

--
Halmyre

That's you that is.
Old March 19th 08, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Halmyre wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...07976#13007976

>>> Hmmm, not sure about that at all.

>> Me too
>>

> Too nose heavy? This seems to be a common theme in new Alfas. And how do
> you pronounce the name? Mitto? Meye-toe? Mee-toe?

Looks like a Micra to me

> BTW, don't you just *hate* web sites that have embedded media files in
> them?

Oh yes

Old March 20th 08, 08:26 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> m...
>> GT wrote:
>>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> I showed these pictures to a friend who has just traded his 'friday
>>> afternoon' 147 for something smaller. He said it looks great, but he
>>> wonders which part is designed to fall off first on this one! I
>>> told him 'the value'!

>> *old* joke

> Over 4 years, his Alfa just about spent more time in the garage with
> break and suspension trouble than on the road!

Mine's had a few bushes and still has the odd squeak.... but at 135K I kind
of expect that!

Old March 21st 08, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

" cupra" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> *old* joke

>> Over 4 years, his Alfa just about spent more time in the garage with
>> break and suspension trouble than on the road!

> Mine's had a few bushes and still has the odd squeak.... but at 135K I
> kind of expect that!

Mine too, but his was breaks and suspension rattling/clunky and loud noises
from new to 4 years old - never got to the bottom of it!