2000 c5 vert question

Old August 28th 08, 03:11 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default 2000 c5 vert question

Love love love my new (old) car. Had it 3 weeks and really cant drive
it much because stupid head (me) forgot to get a bill of sale when I
bought the car in NJ. so I had to wait to get it in the mail... which
came today. So I will register it tomorrow.

This is my 5th corvette and it is by far the best.

all right enough about that.

I notice it does not seem overly powerful off the line. Dont
misunderstand it is nice in fact great, but not what I would call
really quick.

Anyway, I dont know much about the options, but if there was a
performanc gear option with a 6 spd could someone tell me how I can
see if I have it.

Thanks

first 76. beast
second 93 vert: beutiful red probably prettiest but way way too much
flex
thirs 96 lt4. great great great glass top sturdy smooth refined engine
best seats ever. Black was the only thing I did not love.
01 blue vert. lemon w/42K miles. Bad rear end engine sounded bad
above 3500 rpm returned for refund.
00 black black vert. Just mint great everthing. all right, seats are
not great. stereo is fair at best. rides like a chevy.... but
beutiful. chrome wheels make a big difference. hud
Old August 28th 08, 03:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Nope the 6 speed only has a 3.42 rear gear, no optional. Only the Auto
had a "performance" option, and that was to go from a 2.73 (standard) up
to a 3.15 (option). That auto was only a 4 speed. Quick off the line?
You better be grabbing second quick, or are the tires hard and the
traction control is damping the torque?

rebco10 wrote:
> Love love love my new (old) car. Had it 3 weeks and really cant drive
> it much because stupid head (me) forgot to get a bill of sale when I
> bought the car in NJ. so I had to wait to get it in the mail... which
> came today. So I will register it tomorrow.
>
> This is my 5th corvette and it is by far the best.
>
> all right enough about that.
>
> I notice it does not seem overly powerful off the line. Dont
> misunderstand it is nice in fact great, but not what I would call
> really quick.
>
> Anyway, I dont know much about the options, but if there was a
> performanc gear option with a 6 spd could someone tell me how I can
> see if I have it.
>
> Thanks
>
> first 76. beast
> second 93 vert: beutiful red probably prettiest but way way too much
> flex
> thirs 96 lt4. great great great glass top sturdy smooth refined engine
> best seats ever. Black was the only thing I did not love.
> 01 blue vert. lemon w/42K miles. Bad rear end engine sounded bad
> above 3500 rpm returned for refund.
> 00 black black vert. Just mint great everthing. all right, seats are
> not great. stereo is fair at best. rides like a chevy.... but
> beutiful. chrome wheels make a big difference. hud

Jeep Front End Question/ 2000 JGC + Bonus Question!! James[_1_] Jeep 30 November 4th 06 07:52 PM
1979 Vert price question D&LBusch VW air cooled 0 September 12th 06 12:20 AM
another vert. question... 1970 jd-drafter@home VW air cooled 1 July 28th 06 02:55 AM
vert question? D&LBusch VW air cooled 2 July 15th 06 05:39 PM
2000 GT Vert - Issues with Ford Dealer (long) RSCamaro Ford Mustang 4 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM