My ride

Old October 22nd 11, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

Default My ride

Well, this afternoon the Custom Auto Air "Perfect Fit - Elite" A/C
system arrived. Nice package which will fit under the dash in place of
the OEM heater/defroster. It still has those functions but adds the
A/C, and uses the OEM controls with the addition of an out of sight
electronic unit which controls the unit servos.

Add to that the pair of M-Detail upholstered Flo-Fit bucket seats
which are the Pony pattern which arrived last week. Since I selected
all black instead of two color it won't stand out that they are the
Pony pattern as bad as they could, yet still provide better than OEM.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me for a while. :-)

Next will likely be a complete re-wire using American AutoWire setup
which is pretty much plug and play but cheaper than the nearest
competitor (Painless).

Getting down to the end of the project. About time to hit the road for
some exploration of this great country. Like a trip on Route 66. A
couple of reunions (California, Florida, and Las Vegas). Fishing
trips. And as much of the coast of the USA as I can cover. :0)

Althoughhhhhhhh... I started looking at some old F-150s and even a
Jaguar XKE. LOL
Old October 22nd 11, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:25:17 -0700, D E Willson
> wrote:

>Well, this afternoon the Custom Auto Air "Perfect Fit - Elite" A/C
>system arrived. Nice package which will fit under the dash in place of
>the OEM heater/defroster. It still has those functions but adds the
>A/C, and uses the OEM controls with the addition of an out of sight
>electronic unit which controls the unit servos.
>
>Add to that the pair of M-Detail upholstered Flo-Fit bucket seats
>which are the Pony pattern which arrived last week. Since I selected
>all black instead of two color it won't stand out that they are the
>Pony pattern as bad as they could, yet still provide better than OEM.
>
>Looks like I have my work cut out for me for a while. :-)
>
>Next will likely be a complete re-wire using American AutoWire setup
>which is pretty much plug and play but cheaper than the nearest
>competitor (Painless).
>
>Getting down to the end of the project. About time to hit the road for
>some exploration of this great country. Like a trip on Route 66. A
>couple of reunions (California, Florida, and Las Vegas). Fishing
>trips. And as much of the coast of the USA as I can cover. :0)
>
>Althoughhhhhhhh... I started looking at some old F-150s and even a
>Jaguar XKE. LOL

Oh, yeah. I got matching upholstery for the rear fold down seat.
Old October 22nd 11, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"D E Willson" > wrote in message

> Well, this afternoon the Custom Auto Air "Perfect Fit - Elite" A/C
> system arrived. Nice package which will fit under the dash in place of
> the OEM heater/defroster. It still has those functions but adds the
> A/C, and uses the OEM controls with the addition of an out of sight
> electronic unit which controls the unit servos.
>
> Add to that the pair of M-Detail upholstered Flo-Fit bucket seats
> which are the Pony pattern which arrived last week. Since I selected
> all black instead of two color it won't stand out that they are the
> Pony pattern as bad as they could, yet still provide better than OEM.
>
> Looks like I have my work cut out for me for a while. :-)
>
> Next will likely be a complete re-wire using American AutoWire setup
> which is pretty much plug and play but cheaper than the nearest
> competitor (Painless).
>
> Getting down to the end of the project. About time to hit the road for
> some exploration of this great country. Like a trip on Route 66. A
> couple of reunions (California, Florida, and Las Vegas). Fishing
> trips. And as much of the coast of the USA as I can cover. :0)
>
> Althoughhhhhhhh... I started looking at some old F-150s and even a
> Jaguar XKE. LOL

Your car was already 28 years old when mine was built, and mine is old. I've
got a laundry list of annoyances now, and can't imagine what it must be like
tending to a car that's almost as old as I am.

Every once in a while, I start taking a closer look at the new models, and
wondering if it's not worth selling off the annoyances and buying something
new, just for the bliss of trouble-free driving. No, I don't drive a '65,
but the '93s (and all Fox-body Mustangs) are becoming ever more scarce, and
I still feel like I'm "carrying the flag" for the Foxes. Somebody's got to
do it...

So, you've got A/C, new seats, and will be re-wiring throughout. How's the
exterior? (I'm interviewing body shops now for a complete repaint.) And
while you're fantasizing about toolin' down 66, I'm looking at ordering in a
set of Blizzaks.

dwight
www.tfrog.com

Old October 22nd 11, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:14:42 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

>"D E Willson" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Well, this afternoon the Custom Auto Air "Perfect Fit - Elite" A/C
>> system arrived. Nice package which will fit under the dash in place of
>> the OEM heater/defroster. It still has those functions but adds the
>> A/C, and uses the OEM controls with the addition of an out of sight
>> electronic unit which controls the unit servos.
>>
>> Add to that the pair of M-Detail upholstered Flo-Fit bucket seats
>> which are the Pony pattern which arrived last week. Since I selected
>> all black instead of two color it won't stand out that they are the
>> Pony pattern as bad as they could, yet still provide better than OEM.
>>
>> Looks like I have my work cut out for me for a while. :-)
>>
>> Next will likely be a complete re-wire using American AutoWire setup
>> which is pretty much plug and play but cheaper than the nearest
>> competitor (Painless).
>>
>> Getting down to the end of the project. About time to hit the road for
>> some exploration of this great country. Like a trip on Route 66. A
>> couple of reunions (California, Florida, and Las Vegas). Fishing
>> trips. And as much of the coast of the USA as I can cover. :0)
>>
>> Althoughhhhhhhh... I started looking at some old F-150s and even a
>> Jaguar XKE. LOL

>Your car was already 28 years old when mine was built, and mine is old. I've
>got a laundry list of annoyances now, and can't imagine what it must be like
>tending to a car that's almost as old as I am.
>
>Every once in a while, I start taking a closer look at the new models, and
>wondering if it's not worth selling off the annoyances and buying something
>new, just for the bliss of trouble-free driving. No, I don't drive a '65,
>but the '93s (and all Fox-body Mustangs) are becoming ever more scarce, and
>I still feel like I'm "carrying the flag" for the Foxes. Somebody's got to
>do it...
>
>So, you've got A/C, new seats, and will be re-wiring throughout. How's the
>exterior? (I'm interviewing body shops now for a complete repaint.) And
>while you're fantasizing about toolin' down 66, I'm looking at ordering in a
>set of Blizzaks.
>
>dwight
>www.tfrog.com

I got lucky. My ride was built and has lived it's entire life in
California's Sacramento Valley which is very dry so everything is
solid and rust was limited to light surface. I had it repainted when I
bought it ($5K).

One of the great things is that I have LOTS room to work, especially
in the engine well.

As for anoyances, I have very few. The new seats correct one and the
air conditioning takes care of another. The wiring is a "nice to have"
upgrade.

Ways of increasing fuel economy and increasing power would be great as
well, but I do pretty well as long as I keep my foot out of it. When
that 4 barrel kicks in... whew.....

Ride height Zog The Undeniable Mazda 2 February 9th 07 06:48 AM
My ride... Spike Ford Mustang 8 October 11th 05 12:59 AM
"The Last Ride" RichA Ford Mustang 0 April 26th 05 07:25 AM
Taken for a ride? Dan Mazda 3 February 9th 05 10:29 PM