Zombie attacks nationwide - Have you been warned?

Old January 29th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Zombie attacks nationwide - Have you been warned?

I was driving home and almost ran into a group of zombies before I saw
the road warning sign stating, "Caution! Zombies! Ahead!!!", and made an
emergency U-turn back away from that specific area of undead infestation.

Very lucky, I don't think that the vinyl top would have offered much
protection from the hordes who were lying in wait to eat my very small
brain.
I also had no boomstick and no way to burn their rotting corpses.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...ts_zombie.html

The article is pretty funny, especially the response from the traffic
controller who operates the signs.
He has suspicions of the prankster being "a computer genius from UT".

I am thinking more like a 14 year old with a screwdriver and an internet
connection who looked up how to reset the machine password to a known
default after reading instructions online.

So, have there been Zombie warnings in your city? I understand that this
Zombie attack problem is nationwide in the United States......

Pat
Old January 29th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Haven't seen anything here yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Old January 29th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> So, have there been Zombie warnings in your city? I understand that this
> Zombie attack problem is nationwide in the United States......

I live near St. Louis. How would I recognize anything abnormal?

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old January 29th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_2_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>
>> So, have there been Zombie warnings in your city? I understand that this
>> Zombie attack problem is nationwide in the United States......

> I live near St. Louis. How would I recognize anything abnormal?

Thank heavens I live in Canada and am thus exempt.

Stuart H.
'91 Eunos Roadster, BRG
Old January 30th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
>I was driving home and almost ran into a group of zombies before
>I saw the road warning sign stating, "Caution! Zombies!
>Ahead!!!", and made an emergency U-turn back away from that
>specific area of undead infestation.
>
> Very lucky, I don't think that the vinyl top would have offered
> much protection from the hordes who were lying in wait to eat
> my very small brain.
> I also had no boomstick and no way to burn their rotting
> corpses.
>
> http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...ts_zombie.html
>
> The article is pretty funny, especially the response from the
> traffic controller who operates the signs.
> He has suspicions of the prankster being "a computer genius
> from UT".
>
> I am thinking more like a 14 year old with a screwdriver and an
> internet connection who looked up how to reset the machine
> password to a known default after reading instructions online.
>
> So, have there been Zombie warnings in your city? I understand
> that this Zombie attack problem is nationwide in the United
> States......

Yup, saw that on CNN tonight and had the same thought about the
14-year old.

I think all the zombies in my area are in hibernation for the
winter.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old January 30th 09, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-29, pws > wrote:

> http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...ts_zombie.html

That did make me laugh out loud. The accompanying picture is
perfect.

> The article is pretty funny, especially the response from the
> traffic controller who operates the signs. He has suspicions
> of the prankster being "a computer genius from UT".
>
> I am thinking more like a 14 year old with a screwdriver and
> an internet connection who looked up how to reset the machine
> password to a known default after reading instructions online.

In most of Texas a 14 year old with a screwdriver and an
internet connection counts as "a computer genius". <ducks>

> So, have there been Zombie warnings in your city? I understand
> that this Zombie attack problem is nationwide in the United
> States......

Zombies can't stand the cold, so we're safe up here in
Minnesota until at least the middle of May. OTOH, if you're
doing 65MPH in a Miata and you hit a Yeti...

--
Grant

Old January 31st 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

to put this thread back on topic i thought this video would help...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcdyPYdeL4

Old January 31st 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:

> In most of Texas a 14 year old with a screwdriver and an
> internet connection counts as "a computer genius". <ducks>

I guess I set myself up for that one...... :-)

> Zombies can't stand the cold, so we're safe up here in
> Minnesota until at least the middle of May. OTOH, if you're
> doing 65MPH in a Miata and you hit a Yeti...

Living down south, I have never seen a Yeti, just the common Bigfoot.
Have you shaved your Yeti today?

http://shavemyyeti.com/index.html

Pat
Old January 31st 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Christopher Muto wrote:
> to put this thread back on topic i thought this video would help...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcdyPYdeL4

Now I have to get the PRHT!
Mazda needs to make one out of titanium to offer better Zombie defense
than fiberglass.

How did you find that video? Also, any idea who that was in the car
making out with my girlfriend?

Pat
Old February 2nd 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

it was a commercial made for the european market to demonstrate the speed of
the prht.
here's some more about the campaign:
http://commercial-archive.com/conten...iller-campaign
and the videos:
zombie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0lW02YM35s
shark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vvvvolMGV8
kung fu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHMMIAObs4U
the web site (now defunct) and the rest of the campaign:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW8DWew5TWE

"pws" > wrote in message
> Christopher Muto wrote:
>> to put this thread back on topic i thought this video would help...
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcdyPYdeL4

> Now I have to get the PRHT!
> Mazda needs to make one out of titanium to offer better Zombie defense
> than fiberglass.
>
> How did you find that video? Also, any idea who that was in the car making
> out with my girlfriend?
>
> Pat

Asburytorium Park Zombie Crossing GK Driving 1 December 3rd 08 05:48 PM
Asbury Park Zombie Crossing GK Driving 4 September 28th 08 06:40 AM
Be warned: Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions ajcrm125 Technology 15 May 14th 06 11:33 PM
zombie woof and advice [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 April 26th 05 01:59 PM