Ontario Camera ticket

Old July 15th 05, 09:02 PM
yahmed

Default Ontario Camera ticket

Does camera ticket in ontario goes in driving record of owners car?
(if driver pay the ticket)

Old July 15th 05, 09:17 PM
yahmed

sorry for posting this again, did some more googling

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/transp...ameras/faq.htm

it says camera tickets do not give demerit points.

So if no demerit point, does it mean clean driving history?

Just want to confirm because of insurance purposes.

Thanks.

Old July 16th 05, 01:48 AM
Rattus The RAT

"yahmed" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> sorry for posting this again, did some more googling
>
> http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/transp...ameras/faq.htm
>
> it says camera tickets do not give demerit points.
>
> So if no demerit point, does it mean clean driving history?
>
> Just want to confirm because of insurance purposes.
>
> Thanks.

I don't know for sure the answer to your question but I'm just wondering, do
we have "demerit points" in USA (texas) when we get tickets? I never heard
of that term since I moved south...

Old July 16th 05, 02:14 AM
TeGGeR®

"yahmed" > wrote in
oups.com:

> sorry for posting this again, did some more googling
>
> http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/transp...ameras/faq.htm
>
> it says camera tickets do not give demerit points.
>
> So if no demerit point, does it mean clean driving history?

Correct. The red-light camera ticket is strictly a tax on the registered
owner of the vehicle, similar to the old "liquor readily available to the
driver" charge. It amounts to a civil offense, not a Traffic Act offense.

If you get caught this way, do NOT report it to your insurance company.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old July 16th 05, 04:55 AM
Nightdude

Question is, can they found out if you have one?

My wife had an illegal tint on her car and that counted against her
insurance premiums! Even though she doesn't own that car for 3 years now!

So anybody who has blue license plate, nozzle lights, big huge muffler, etc
is at risk of getting one of those tickets and in Ontario, I don't see them
giving fix-it tickets like in Quebec. Insurance is more vigillant to get
more $$$ from you.

Old July 16th 05, 02:12 PM
yahmed

Hi,

Is this true for Parking ticket as well?

Old July 16th 05, 02:13 PM
yahmed

Hi,

Is this true for Parking tickets as well?

Old July 16th 05, 02:42 PM
motsco_ _

yahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is this true for Parking tickets as well?

-----------------------

Think it through . . . The officer / Rent-a-Cop who put the ticket under
the wiper has no way of knowing WHO parked the car illegally, therefore
they can't assign demerits to anybody, just like the photo-radar picture
of the back of your head.

'Curly'

Old July 17th 05, 02:55 PM
TeGGeR®

"motsco_ _" <"motsco_ > wrote in
:

> yahmed wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is this true for Parking tickets as well?

> Think it through . . . The officer / Rent-a-Cop who put the ticket under
> the wiper has no way of knowing WHO parked the car illegally, therefore
> they can't assign demerits to anybody, just like the photo-radar picture
> of the back of your head.

You got it!