rF2 updating

Old June 7th 12, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default rF2 updating

I've been pretty impressed by this in the past. But I've just spent an hour messing
about trying to get myself updated from whatever the last version was to whatever
the current version is and the end result was me rage-quitting and uninstalling the
whole thing. I just couldn't get the updated mod versions to be recognised.

When I calm down I will perhaps attempt to start from scratch again. If I can
remember my login details. I know I have them scribbled down somewhere.

Much though iRacing still bugs me in many ways, one area they absolutely nailed was
the updating process. In my experience anyway. Just log on, hit update, and the
rest is history.

Having said that, there have been an couple of occasions in 4 years where the
process fell over for some reason, but there were no shortage of people in a
similar situation, so help was easy.

Maybe I should just buy Combined Ops and get into DayZ while it's still shiny, new,
and the most exciting thing to happen to PC gaming for years.

And on that subject, I find this vid incredibly funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDSMRDrgso

"Oh, you dirty *******!"

Andrew McP
Old June 7th 12, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Russell Unger[_2_]

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:51 +0100 (BST),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

>I've been pretty impressed by this in the past. But I've just spent an hour messing
>about trying to get myself updated from whatever the last version was to whatever
>the current version is and the end result was me rage-quitting and uninstalling the
>whole thing. I just couldn't get the updated mod versions to be recognised.
>
>When I calm down I will perhaps attempt to start from scratch again. If I can
>remember my login details. I know I have them scribbled down somewhere.
>
>Much though iRacing still bugs me in many ways, one area they absolutely nailed was
>the updating process. In my experience anyway. Just log on, hit update, and the
>rest is history.
>
>Having said that, there have been an couple of occasions in 4 years where the
>process fell over for some reason, but there were no shortage of people in a
>similar situation, so help was easy.
>
>Maybe I should just buy Combined Ops and get into DayZ while it's still shiny, new,
>and the most exciting thing to happen to PC gaming for years.
>
>And on that subject, I find this vid incredibly funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDSMRDrgso

>"Oh, you dirty *******!"
>
>Andrew McP

Download the update file from the forum and put it in the
documents/rfactor/update directory.....once you have downloaded and
put the file there, go into the game to the update area, it will
automatically find the file in the update directory and update itself.
Old June 8th 12, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Michael R Sisson

In article >,
says...

> I've been pretty impressed by this in the past. But I've just spent an hour messing
> about trying to get myself updated from whatever the last version was to whatever
> the current version is and the end result was me rage-quitting and uninstalling the
> whole thing. I just couldn't get the updated mod versions to be recognised.
>
> When I calm down I will perhaps attempt to start from scratch again. If I can
> remember my login details. I know I have them scribbled down somewhere.
>
> Much though iRacing still bugs me in many ways, one area they absolutely nailed was
> the updating process. In my experience anyway. Just log on, hit update, and the
> rest is history.
>
> Having said that, there have been an couple of occasions in 4 years where the
> process fell over for some reason, but there were no shortage of people in a
> similar situation, so help was easy.
>
> Maybe I should just buy Combined Ops and get into DayZ while it's still shiny, new,
> and the most exciting thing to happen to PC gaming for years.
>
> And on that subject, I find this vid incredibly funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDSMRDrgso

> "Oh, you dirty *******!"
>
> Andrew McP

What the heck does any of this have to do with calibrating your
forcefeedback with regards to screen height?

:-D

MRSisson
--
GLP LOAD
"",8,1
Old June 8th 12, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:53:22 -0400, FolkGT wrote:

> With the latest Ford licensing announcement and new tracks seemingly
> showing up every week (a Charlotte Motor Speedway knockoff with a modified
> infield track was in today's patch, and they're currenly working on
> Monaco), there's a lot to keep "track" of.

If only driving the damn cars was more fun and felt half-way realistic
in pCars ... ;-> Don't get me wrong, I'm a team member but I'm so far
rather disappointed what they've come up with (apart from the graphics
which are great).

Cheers,

Uwe

Old June 8th 12, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 21:08:50 -0400, Michael R Sisson > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> I've been pretty impressed by this in the past. But I've just spent an hour messing
>> about trying to get myself updated from whatever the last version was to whatever
>> the current version is and the end result was me rage-quitting and uninstalling the
>> whole thing. I just couldn't get the updated mod versions to be recognised.
>>
>> When I calm down I will perhaps attempt to start from scratch again. If I can
>> remember my login details. I know I have them scribbled down somewhere.
>>
>> Much though iRacing still bugs me in many ways, one area they absolutely nailed was
>> the updating process. In my experience anyway. Just log on, hit update, and the
>> rest is history.
>>
>> Having said that, there have been an couple of occasions in 4 years where the
>> process fell over for some reason, but there were no shortage of people in a
>> similar situation, so help was easy.
>>
>> Maybe I should just buy Combined Ops and get into DayZ while it's still shiny, new,
>> and the most exciting thing to happen to PC gaming for years.
>>
>> And on that subject, I find this vid incredibly funny.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDSMRDrgso
>>
>> "Oh, you dirty *******!"
>>
>> Andrew McP

>What the heck does any of this have to do with calibrating your
>forcefeedback with regards to screen height?
>
>:-D
>

>MRSisson

I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but... Andrew MacPherson[_2_] Simulators 33 July 15th 11 08:55 AM
rF2 Screenies Uwe Simulators 15 April 28th 10 05:10 PM
Not Updating? D Jeep 11 December 15th 06 05:02 PM
Updating rFactor? Trev B Simulators 3 October 2nd 06 12:44 AM
Updating C4 bumpers to 91-96 style Chris Wiles Corvette 4 November 2nd 04 09:29 PM