Question on able to sell items on this group?

Old July 30th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Greg[_3_]

Default Question on able to sell items on this group?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is okay to sell items on this group? My
neighbor, who is elderly and isn't very computer literate, just sold
his 73 vette and he asked me if I could help him sell a couple of
unopened cases of Liquid Glass Polish he had and now has no use for
them. Is an item like this permitted to be posted on this site? Look
forward to your reply,

Greg

Old August 3rd 06, 06:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Greg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is okay to sell items on this group? My
> neighbor, who is elderly and isn't very computer literate, just sold
> his 73 vette and he asked me if I could help him sell a couple of
> unopened cases of Liquid Glass Polish he had and now has no use for
> them. Is an item like this permitted to be posted on this site? Look
> forward to your reply,
>
> Greg

Sell it on Ebay

Old August 3rd 06, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Why cant he offer it in this NG since its Corvette related ?

Old August 3rd 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"dave" > wrote in message
> Why cant he offer it in this NG since its Corvette related
> ?

I don't come here to sift through spam.
this is a discussion group..
do you really want to come here and sift through a bunch of
spam ?
I also say take it to ebay...

my2¢
--
"Key"
=====

Old August 3rd 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I don't come here to sift through spam.
this is a discussion group..
do you really want to come here and sift through a bunch of spam ?
I also say take it to ebay...
my2¢
--
"Key"'

REPLY: Its a product that many Corvette owners use , so, it is thus
Corvette related ; I think most would not consider it 'spam' . You
wouldnt 'have to sift ' thru anything because it would have a Post Title
to alert you to what it is about so youd have the choice of reading the
Post or bypassing it . In all fairness to this guy, i think we should
all vote on it and see what the true consensus is .

Old August 4th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Joevett

Anyting I need for my Vette can be gotten thru Ebay or any other site on
the internet. It's really not that hard. I would also consider it spam
for a newsgroup and usually just delete it w/o looking at what product it
is.

Old August 4th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"dave" > wrote in message
'I don't come here to sift through spam.
this is a discussion group..
do you really want to come here and sift through a bunch of
spam ?
I also say take it to ebay...
my2¢
--
"Key"'

REPLY: Its a product that many Corvette owners use , so, it
is thus
Corvette related ; I think most would not consider it
'spam' . You
wouldnt 'have to sift ' thru anything because it would have
a Post Title
to alert you to what it is about so youd have the choice of
reading the
Post or bypassing it . In all fairness to this guy, i think
we should
all vote on it and see what the true consensus is .

====
REPLY:
advertizing is still advertizing
and spam is still spam.
thats not what I come here to see.
then,
in all fairness,
my vote would be no...

--
"Key"
=====

Old August 4th 06, 01:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 06:20:31 -0500, (dave)
puked:

>Why cant he offer it in this NG since its Corvette related ?

It's liquid glass polish.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old August 4th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Because there is an established tradition of no selling on a technical
newsgroup. This isn't the only place like this.

If you look at NCRS Technical Discussion Board, you will find no selling.

If you look at Corvette Forum, you will find they have selling sections and
you had better not try selling outside those sections. and no crossposting
between, such as you have a part can maybe C2 and C3 guys might want, you
have to pick a section and stay there. One guy was trying to sell a lift,
and posted it in C2, C3, and C4 and got his hand slapped.

If you look at Vette Net (which I know you are on), there is no selling but
occasionally the regular members bend those rules.

As to being Corvette-related, this is a mountain of problems. Your argument
is great if I say I'm trying to sell a '63 RF block or a '67 IT or IU block.
Or maybe a new interior for a C3 at half price because I sold the car before
the interior got here.

But then, someone else says he wants to sell wheel bearing presses because
some Corvette owners use them. Then another wants to sell seat covers.
Lots of them, not just one set, but they are still Corvette-related. And
another wants to sell polish. And someone else wants to sell posters of your
car. And soon you have the place looking like a spam-blocker report.

He has already made his point. He mentioned he has a bunch of Liquid Glass
and everyone knows it. Now does he need to do a formal ad? No. Has he
broken the rules? Maybe bent a bit, but no. Will he succeed in selling?
Maybe, and about as well as if he had posted "FS - Liquid Glass polish for
Corvettes".

So we don't need to take a vote, we don't need to change the rules, and we
don't need to allow selling. Enough gets sold anyway without making the
place a free for all selling forum. and it is usually excused the more the
seller has contributed to the group prior to his selling. Dad can probably
sell his car or a garage full of parts. But there are many who can't sell
their room at Carlisle, even though many would be interested in it.

FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] BMW 0 April 21st 05 10:01 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM