GTL Momo/TrackIR issues?

Old February 11th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL Momo/TrackIR issues?

Beyond the frustration of the entire online Key mess Im having this other
issue with my Momo and TrackIR.

Whenever I try to use my TiR3 in GTL my Momo quits working. Its recognized
in game but will not move. I must quit the game turn off TiR and restart
hoping it works. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. When it does I
must remap all the axis and buttons.

I see others on different forums with the same issue but not a single
solution is ever posted.

Ive reinstalled the latest TiR s/w without success.

Anyone have an idea?

Mitch

Old February 11th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
m...
> Beyond the frustration of the entire online Key mess Im having this other
> issue with my Momo and TrackIR.
>
> Whenever I try to use my TiR3 in GTL my Momo quits working. Its
> recognized in game but will not move. I must quit the game turn off TiR
> and restart hoping it works. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. When
> it does I must remap all the axis and buttons.
>
> I see others on different forums with the same issue but not a single
> solution is ever posted.
>
> Ive reinstalled the latest TiR s/w without success.
>
> Anyone have an idea?
>
> Mitch

Strange. I am using TIR3 with a Momo with no problems. In fact I have
mapped a button on the MOMO to allow me to recenter the TIR. The Track IR
profile I use only has the Yaw and Pitch axii enabled since using the other
4 axii causes too much bobbing around but I doubt there's any sort of
connection to your problem there. Occasionally when the car spawns in game
the first time the wheel will not be responsive but I can fix that by
backing all the way to the first menu and looking in Options> controller
which fixes it.

About the only thing I can think of is that your TIR3 and your Momo are
sharing the same USB port and setting conflicts at the hardware level. If
your using both devices from a hub of some sort try moving one or the other
to another seperate port. In my case the TIR, whch is always on, is
connected to a hard to reach port amongst the dust bunnies at the back of
the machine while the Momo, which gets swapped for the joystick often,
connects to a convenient front port.

Dave

Old February 11th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Mitch_A" > wrote in
m:

> Ive reinstalled the latest TiR s/w without success.
>
> Anyone have an idea?
>
> Mitch

Well, I _don't_ have TrackIR but I'm having issues with my red Momo Force.
During an extended session last night the wheel simply stopped working in
game. That despite the fact that the Momo lights were still active. I've
not had any issues with other games, such as rFactor. The whole controller
thing seems a bit sketchy in GTL for me. I don't like how you configure
devices; too often I end up having to re-map completely if I touch anything
in there. I wish I knew what was going on.

--
Ped Xing
Old February 11th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Same wheel nearly same result Ped. I had em both working this morning but
coming out of the garage it again stopped yet again. If I disconnect the
TiR it again works but sporadically and requires remapping each time. As
you the lights are on and the Momo works fine in the CP as soon as I quit
GTL. If I could just get a "rhyme and reason" I might have a clue but its
so dang random I cant find a procedure that works. Like you no problem in
any other sim (including the GTL demo) and Ive had em all.

Mitch

Old February 11th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I tried switching ports and I dont use a hub but still no success. Seems
very random. Ill continue working it, thanks for the advice Dave!

Mitch

Old February 12th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I'm having a bit of success. For the most part if I leave my TrackHat off
and away from the TrackIR I can start the game and once Im in the car and
the wheel pedals are working I can then put on the TrackHat and it all
works.

Seems Im losing wheel/pedal function when I return from the garage but
havent experienced it while on track yet.

Thought this is a pita GTL seems very much worth any effort. Amazing.

I never knew the GT40s steering wheel was on the right

Mitch

Old February 13th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

As I get more into this I realized it's not related to TiR. Just a
coincidence. I can get in a game with a working Momo if I go into the main
options/controller where for the most part it always seems to work then
start a race. I havent ran any extended runs yet so Im not convinced it
wont quit in a longer run.

I grabbed my FF section from my rFactor controller.ini and inserted it into
the GTL player.ini and it gives much better effects imo.

Here it is if ya want to try it
----------

FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel,
2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low,
2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis,
1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake
effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.20000" // Controls frequency of steering
vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration
at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.60000" // How much weight is given to new
steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will
smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.00000" // Steering force output "sensitivity".
Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 =
lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if
controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="5.00000" // Maximum force output of steering
force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4
to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering
force.
FFB steer update thresh="0.01500" // Amount of change required to update
steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more
frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering
friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for
steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering
damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for
steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.17000" // Scales actual engine frequency to
force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration
at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to
update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational
frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at
0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to
update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.35000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble
is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0
= one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls
right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to
update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="2.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls)
are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Mitch