1984 Chevy s10 truck

Old February 2nd 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 1984 Chevy s10 truck

i have a 84 chevy s10 truck and the 4 wheel drive dont work on the front
end the transfor case works fine but the front end dont any sugg
thank you

Old February 3rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

prunedalehick wrote:
> i have a 84 chevy s10 truck and the 4 wheel drive dont work on the front
> end the transfor case works fine but the front end dont any sugg
> thank you

The front diff is controlled by a vacuum switch and cable. When mine
failed like yours (on top of Continental Divide in CO! ), it was due to
the vac hose having been rotted out from battery gases. The vac switch
is located on the right side engine compartment behind the battery.
(Roundish thing with a vac hose on one end, and cable to the diff on
other). The lever on the floor only controls vac to the switch, not the
front diff directly.

--reed

Old February 3rd 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:14:59 -0500, "prunedalehick"
> wrote:

>i have a 84 chevy s10 truck and the 4 wheel drive dont work on the front
>end the transfor case works fine but the front end dont any sugg
>thank you

Well, my first 'sugg' is that you use punctuation so your post makes a
bit more sense. Then if there are auto-locking hubs check them.
Old February 3rd 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

the other guy is right...the vaccum switch could be the problem...you
should also check the electronic sensor that fits into the frony diff.
that was the culprit in my case