I need big time help

Old January 28th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default I need big time help

I have a ford f-150 4x4. It is not sparking. the coil does have spark but
it is not going through the wire. Also there is no smell of gas being
pumped into the engine. i had loaned my truck to a friend who told me
that it was bucking in !st gear so he thought to spray the carb with
cleaner would help it however he did not have it running at the time he
sprayed it. If you have any suggestions please send me an e-mail ASAP or
feel free to IM me through AOL or AIM. S/N tootteabugs.
Please some one help were all baffled at this end. Thanx a million.

Old January 28th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:47:38 -0500, "tootteabugs"
> wrote:

>I have a ford f-150 4x4. It is not sparking. the coil does have spark but
>it is not going through the wire.

If (big IF) this is the case, the wires are bad, right?

>Also there is no smell of gas being
>pumped into the engine.

Is it gas or spark? Or both? Pumped into the engine, how? Carb or
FuelInjection?

>i had loaned my truck to a friend who told me
>that it was bucking in !st gear so he thought to spray the carb with
>cleaner would help it

I guess you now realize how foolish it is to lend a vehicle (or
anything worth more that a dollar) to a 'friend'. We won't get into
the fact that had this so called friend had an accident you'd have
been on the hook big time.

>however he did not have it running at the time he
>sprayed it.

And how did this affect anything (other than maybe hydrolocking the
engine if he really dumped a lot in...)

>If you have any suggestions please send me an e-mail ASAP or
>feel free to IM me through AOL or AIM. S/N tootteabugs.
>Please some one help were all baffled at this end. Thanx a million.

I won't speak for anyone else, but answers will be in the group, not
private to you. That's the reason for this Usenet thingie--to help
everyone, not as a private consulting service.
Old February 4th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

if the engine has spark...then it is probably either a fuel pump...a
relay...or fuel pressure sending unit...or possibly the filter is
clogged with rust etc... dont end trucks to friends..always a bad idea