Amazing rFactor Track To Be Released Soon

Old February 10th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Amazing rFactor Track To Be Released Soon

wrote:
> What we appear to have here is a beguiling case of self-delusional
> pixelpomorphism.

Hehe.

> A 'circuit' that proclaims its origin and intended facsimile object
> unashamedly sans pretensions of grandeur may fairly be construed as
> more real than the converse.

Yes, but with a few exceptions, only the 'real' tracks enjoy enduring
populairty among simracers.

Old February 10th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Indeed, because they are the exemplars; the purists. A gaggle of
pixelpomorphic, deluded in/outgroup dichotomous diehards with a
penchant for masochistic self-buggering reality.

Fawning followers of the God of Real, playing their Real games with
plastic toys connected to a box running heuristic code approximating
something else.

'I'm Really doing it, really!!!'

Old February 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"ymenard" > wrote in message
. ..
> >"David G Fisher" > wrote
>> About three weeks from now apparently. New cars from ISI too.

> Fantasy bore. Gimme real tracks.
>

> GTL is #1.

Old cars only. Blah.

--
David G Fisher

Old February 11th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> wrote
> Indeed, because they are the exemplars; the purists. A gaggle of
> pixelpomorphic, deluded in/outgroup dichotomous diehards with a
> penchant for masochistic self-buggering reality.
>
> Fawning followers of the God of Real, playing their Real games with
> plastic toys connected to a box running heuristic code approximating
> something else.
>
> 'I'm Really doing it, really!!!'

Thus spoke Bruce K.

m'eh

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old February 11th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"David G Fisher" > wrote Old cars only. Blah.

I still don't see how rFactor is "more open, more close". What's there more
to it? Everything in GTL can be edited the same, and probably at a higher
degree of realism considering the game engine's evolution. Is it more open
to the community, did they build tools for that? I see the same tools in
both, very minimal and not suited at all for leagues or pickup racing both
coexisting.

Old February 12th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Well, one has Starforce and the other doesn't. It not a difficult choice
for me. From what I've read of Starforce, I'm not risking an install on
my PC. It's too bad, because GTR and GTL look interesting. I guess the
company making those games is not just keeping pirates away unfortunately...

Besides, I've never race a car on a "real" course, and my only "in
person" experience is at Loudon, Montreal and Trois-Rivières. All other
"real" tracks may as well as be fantasy. As long as the track is fun to
race on and feel reasonably plausible (not Red Rock (Nascar Racing 2) or
that Papyrus figure 8 track), I don't really care if it's real or comes
out of someone imagination.

P.S.