2006 chrysler town and country alarm

Old June 8th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 2006 chrysler town and country alarm

I lost the keys to my 2006 t&c. i have only found the valet key.
i would use this but i dont know if my alarm is on or not and if the
valet key will set off the alarm if it is on.
any help with this ASAP would be excellent.

Old June 8th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

Don't know about 2006, but on our 1999 the valet key shuts off the alarm
just fine. If it didn't, how could a valet park, lock, and then later
return to get the vehicle?

Bob

ups.com...

Old June 9th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I lost the keys to my 2006 t&c. i have only found the valet key.
> i would use this but i dont know if my alarm is on or not and if the
> valet key will set off the alarm if it is on.
> any help with this ASAP would be excellent.

If you lost your keys the valet key will not start the vehicle. It will
start and die 3 times and then it will not do anything. The dealer has to
cut and program a new key for you.This may also be expensive because the car
will have to be towed to the shop to have the key programmed to the vehicle

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 9th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve B.

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 07:36:25 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>If you lost your keys the valet key will not start the vehicle. It will
>start and die 3 times and then it will not do anything. The dealer has to
>cut and program a new key for you.This may also be expensive because the car
>will have to be towed to the shop to have the key programmed to the vehicle
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

I don't follow... The valet key is provided so the valet can drive
the car to a parking spot and then bring it back to you but not have
access to the glove box or other locked areas of the vehicle. So are
you saying that if you valet park a 2006 t&c the valet staff is going
to need to push the vehicle to a parking spot and then push it back to
you when you are ready to go?

Steve B.
Old June 10th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Steve B." > wrote in message
> On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 07:36:25 -0400, "maxpower" >
> wrote:
>

> >If you lost your keys the valet key will not start the vehicle. It will
> >start and die 3 times and then it will not do anything. The dealer has to
> >cut and program a new key for you.This may also be expensive because the

car
> >will have to be towed to the shop to have the key programmed to the

vehicle

> >Glenn Beasley
> >Chrysler Tech
> >

> I don't follow... The valet key is provided so the valet can drive
> the car to a parking spot and then bring it back to you but not have
> access to the glove box or other locked areas of the vehicle. So are
> you saying that if you valet park a 2006 t&c the valet staff is going
> to need to push the vehicle to a parking spot and then push it back to
> you when you are ready to go?
>
> Steve B.

If you have a valet key that is programmed to the vehicle YES you can use
it. If you have a plain metal key that says VALET on it. it is only used to
open the vehicle. I have no idea what key you have, Try it! if the vehicle
starts and dies...the key is not programmed for the vehicle. If the vehicle
starts and runs then go to the dealer and have a regular key cut. If the
vehicle has an alarm in it all you need to do is unlock the door with the
key and start it. Sorry for the confusion

Glenn

Old June 10th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

good locksmiths can cut and program the keys at half the cost of dealers