test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1)

Old March 7th 07, 07:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_3_]

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1970  Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	39051
Old March 7th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Regarding about kit car or not.

ISO Grifo, Italian car, model from 1962-1975, used Chevrolet engines,
style by Bertone, used Iso Rivolto platform shotend 7.8 inchies. Used
the suspension and tranmission from the Rivolto saloon. As the few
years passed very minor cosmetic changes. Engines changed and some
could exceed170 mph (7.4ltr)

Iso started in the 40's building motorcylces.. Then build the Isettta
from 1953-1955. Build in Milan under licensd from BMW. Then in 1962
stared building fast cars with large engines and chassis developed for
them by ex-Ferrari GTO engineer Gitto Bizzarrinni , thus probably why
you got the Ferrari title from your source.

doby

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:07:20 -0600, (Zinc)

Old March 7th 07, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
guest

Doby > wrote
> Regarding kit car or not.

Yeah, they definitely were not kit cars. I guess the thing that killed
off these European muscle cars was the same thing that killed off the
American muscle cars, seeing that they both were dependent upon the same
muscle engine.

> ISO Grifo, Italian car, model from 1962-1975, used Chevrolet engines,
> style by Bertone, used Iso Rivolto platform shotend 7.8 inchies. Used
> the suspension and tranmission from the Rivolto saloon. As the few
> years passed very minor cosmetic changes. Engines changed and some
> could exceed170 mph (7.4ltr)

So ISO started with the 427ci Chevy and had to raise the hood when it
installed the 454ci Chevy.

The Swiss Montevideo was using Chrysler engines, probably the 426ci hemi,
and the British AC was using Ford engines, probably the 428ci, and the
British Jensen was using Chrysler engines, probably the 440ci, and the
Italian de Tomaso was using a high performance 351ci Ford in its Pantera.

I think there was an Intermec___ (or something). It probably had a small
block American V8. I guess it was the Ford 351ci.

What other European muscle cars existed during the "muscle era?"

That was a great time, wasn't it?

Ron
Old March 8th 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Leroy Curtis

In article >, guest
> writes
>Doby > wrote
>> Regarding kit car or not.

>Yeah, they definitely were not kit cars. I guess the thing that killed
>off these European muscle cars was the same thing that killed off the
>American muscle cars, seeing that they both were dependent upon the same
>muscle engine.
>

>> ISO Grifo, Italian car, model from 1962-1975, used Chevrolet engines,
>> style by Bertone, used Iso Rivolto platform shotend 7.8 inchies. Used
>> the suspension and tranmission from the Rivolto saloon. As the few
>> years passed very minor cosmetic changes. Engines changed and some
>> could exceed170 mph (7.4ltr)

>So ISO started with the 427ci Chevy and had to raise the hood when it
>installed the 454ci Chevy.
>
>The Swiss Montevideo

ITYM Monteverdi

>was using Chrysler engines, probably the 426ci hemi,

I think they used the 440

>and the British AC was using Ford engines, probably the 428ci,

AC used the 289, the 427 and the 428

>and the
>British Jensen was using Chrysler engines, probably the 440ci,

Initially, Jensen used a 361 ci unit. They graduated to the 440 via the
383.

>and the
>Italian de Tomaso was using a high performance 351ci Ford in its Pantera.
>
>I think there was an Intermec___ (or something).

Intermeccanica

> It probably had a small
>block American V8. I guess it was the Ford 351ci.

Chevrolet 327 or 350.

>What other European muscle cars existed during the "muscle era?"

A Bristol is probably too much of a gentleman's carriage to be a "muscle
car," but Bristol have been using Chrysler engines of various sizes
since 1961. Sunbeam's Tiger used a Ford V8, initially the 260 and then
the 289. Gordon-Keeble used a Chevrolet 350. TVR used the Ford 260 and
289, as did Trident.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old March 8th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

(Zinc) wrote in news:tqydnX3cA501-
:

> begin 644 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg
> `
> end

Facel-Vega used US blocks from 1954 to 1964.
firstly the DeSoto Firedome up to 6.9L Chrysler at the end

Old March 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 1 of 7 - yEnc "HK500 Grey 2.jpg" 424488 bytes (1/2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HK500 Grey 2.jpg (390.9 KB, 32 views)
Old March 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 1 of 7 - yEnc "HK500 Grey 2.jpg" 424488 bytes (2/2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HK500 Grey 2.jpg (24.2 KB, 31 views)
Old March 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 2 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II''''.jpg" 403871 bytes (1/2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Facel II''''.jpg (390.9 KB, 30 views)
Old March 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 2 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II''''.jpg" 403871 bytes (2/2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Facel II''''.jpg (4.0 KB, 33 views)
Old March 8th 07, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jean-Marc

Default test post - 1970 Ferrari Iso Grifo eng.jpg (1/1) - File 3 of 7 - yEnc "Facel II.jpg" 327314 bytes (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Facel II.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	39619

test post MR B Ford Mustang 0 December 14th 06 06:16 AM
test post only tech27 BMW 0 November 15th 05 04:15 AM
Test Post tech27 BMW 1 May 23rd 05 06:49 AM
Test Post Sam Brandt BMW 0 January 14th 05 12:06 AM
test post - second try Bob K 207 Technology 10 January 10th 05 08:14 PM