2003 Civic - SRS Computer reset after accident?

Old September 29th 04, 10:58 PM
stephen briand

Default 2003 Civic - SRS Computer reset after accident?

My brother just bought a 2003 Civic with rear end damage. The air bags
didn't blow but, apparently, there is something that blows in the front seat
belts? I have never heard of this! Now, I guess the SRS computer has to be
reset. Problem: he can't get the car registered until the seat belts are
functional and he can't get the computer reset unless it's in the car and
everything is installed. He is replacing the seat belts but, the body shop
is not equipped to reset the computer. Does this make sense? Can you have
the computer reset without it being installed in the car? It doesn't seem to
make sense to have to tow the vehicle to a dealer or a shop that is
equippped to do the reset. Are there any more logical options? Is somebody
just pulling my ****er on this?

Your insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

Old September 30th 04, 02:51 AM
Lex

the srs control unit probably has to be replaced