New build, new FFB

Old January 26th 13, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default New build, new FFB

Well, with the new build, it looks like it works something I tried
before.
So, this is what works:
Put in-game sliders to 50%.
Adjust Overall in Logitech drivers.
It looks like this is all. I didn't finish the testing yet, because
of this server problems.

Old January 26th 13, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Well, with the new build, it looks like it works something I tried
before.
So, this is what works:
Put in-game sliders to 50%.
Adjust Overall in Logitech drivers.
It looks like this is all. I didn't finish the testing yet, because
of this server problems.

Ok, it looks like I am onto something.
It looks like you have to adjust both, Overall and Centering Spring
at the same value (while having in-game sliders at 50%), and then you put
in-game sliders to your liking.
It is very similar system to what I had at the very end of iRacing
1.0. Then I had 127/100/100/127, and in-game 100% (and I liked it very much,
but iRacing changed everything with 2.0 version). I had to have in-game so
high because Damper was locked at 75%. Now I like 127/100/100/127, but with
both in-game at 50% I feel like I have too much Damper, and not enough
Strength. At iRacing 1.0 I had to have Strength at 100%, because Damper was
locked so high, and it looks like I'd like to have stronger Strength than
Damper.

Old January 29th 13, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Ok, it looks like in-game sliders have to be on max, and have to be
at the same percentage.
There is a bug in iRacing, that doesn't allow you to set max
Strength in-game, the highest it allows you is 39.8. Because Strength and
Damper have to be the same, the setting should be 39.6/99.
It looks like anythng that isn't 40.0/100 produces slack, and you
cannot set 40.0/100 in iRacing. Again iRacing is trying to destroy
themselves. This is just stupid, stupid, stupid. It looks like this whole
Stregth/Damper thing is just another iRacing "invention", because "they know
better".
I figured out that default Logitech driver settings should be
100/50/50/50, and this will be my starting point for further testing. Either
I will try to rise Damper/Spring, or I will try to rise Overall. Centering
Spring works nice at 50%, but I don't know if I'll have to move it if I move
other sliders.

Old January 30th 13, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Well, it turned out that in-game sliders should also be at 50%.
So, I tested a lot, and it turned out that three driver sliders
(all, except the Overall slider) should be the same, and they are the best
at 50%. In my testing it showed out that in-game sliders should be also the
same as driver sliders. Some other day I'll try to move together
Spring/Centering Spring/Strength, or Damper/Damping sliders, to see if you
can make something out of this.
Anyway, then I went to adjust cockpitLookDeadZone, and it turned out
that this setting (127/50/50/50, in-game 50/50) responds well to moving
cockpitLookDeadZone. You can nicely feel the difference (which is a very
good news, this showes that FFB is nicely tuned), and it turned out that
cockpitLookDeadZone of around 0.01 (which is 5 times smaller that the
default iRacing's, which is 0.05) is what works on my system.
Tomorow I'll determine the right setting for cockpitLookDeadZone,
and see if there is something else to do. Adjusting the right FOV and the
right hight of screen responds very well with all this.

Old February 7th 13, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Ok, where am I right now.
I didn't do much testing, and I didn't do everything, but I think
I'll leave the deafult cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.05. Somehow this has the
most sense. I don't know why, probably the FFB is built for that setting.
I tested at Sebring with Skippy. Just like in real life airport
tracks are good for testing because they are flat. If track isn't flat, all
those sloops affec testing. Some sloops are beneficial for some things, some
other are not good for some things, so the best you see what is happening
with the car at flat airport circuits.

Old February 23rd 13, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, where am I right now.
I didn't do much testing, and I didn't do everything, but I think
I'll leave the deafult cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.05. Somehow this has the
most sense. I don't know why, probably the FFB is built for that setting.
I tested at Sebring with Skippy. Just like in real life airport
tracks are good for testing because they are flat. If track isn't flat, all
those sloops affec testing. Some sloops are beneficial for some things, some
other are not good for some things, so the best you see what is happening
with the car at flat airport circuits.

I am definitely shure that Centering Spring should be the same as
Overall.
Right now I have driver's Damper and Spring at 100%, and in-game
Strength and Damper at 50%, and this works excellently.

Old February 23rd 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, where am I right now.
I didn't do much testing, and I didn't do everything, but I think
I'll leave the deafult cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.05. Somehow this has the
most sense. I don't know why, probably the FFB is built for that setting.
I tested at Sebring with Skippy. Just like in real life airport
tracks are good for testing because they are flat. If track isn't flat, all
those sloops affec testing. Some sloops are beneficial for some things, some
other are not good for some things, so the best you see what is happening
with the car at flat airport circuits.

I am definitely shure that Centering Spring should be the same as
Overall.
Right now I have driver's Damper and Spring at 100%, and in-game
Strength and Damper at 50%, and this works excellently.

Oops, wrong. Centering Spring has to be at 100%.

FFB...almost done Mario Petrinovic Simulators 14 November 23rd 12 11:59 PM
New PC's FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 40 May 27th 12 10:45 PM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM