Dual engine Golf in Pikes Peak

Old September 3rd 05, 04:13 AM
Randolph

Default Dual engine Golf in Pikes Peak

A number of years back I remember reading about someone sticking an
extra engine in the back of a Golf and competing in the Pikes Peak race.
I can't find any references to it on the web (don't know if its because
I am dumb or lazy or both). Does anyone else remember this, and perhaps
have links to more info on this?

Thanks.
Old September 3rd 05, 08:03 AM
ThaDriver

>A number of years back I remember reading about someone sticking an
extra engine in the back of a Golf and competing in the Pikes Peak race.
I can't find any references to it on the web (don't know if its because
I am dumb or lazy or both). Does anyone else remember this, and perhaps
have links to more info on this?
*****************
Well I have a link in my favorites (I think) to a site with several
dual-engine VWs, including twin V6s - but can't find it at the moment. I'm
sure a Yahoo search will locate it, though (& probably several others).
On a slightly different note I'm working (slowly) on a mid-engine V8 (300
HP Chevy 283) '90 Cabriolet using Fiero running gear/suspension. Biggest
holdup is the adaptor plate for the V8 (read; *cash*). I thought about
leaving the original engine in the front so I could switch back & forth,
but then I wouldn't be able to do wheelies.... ;^P
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Old September 3rd 05, 12:07 PM
Homer

"Randolph" > wrote in message
>A number of years back I remember reading about someone sticking an
> extra engine in the back of a Golf and competing in the Pikes Peak race.
> I can't find any references to it on the web (don't know if its because
> I am dumb or lazy or both). Does anyone else remember this, and perhaps
> have links to more info on this?

I found some pictures on my hard drive which I'm fairly sure are the Pikes
Peak Golf.
I've uploaded them to http://www.wellcheap.com/gallery/Homers-Gallery
http://www.dubsport.com/ have also built 3 twin engined Golfs, website's
being updated now but do a search for Dubsport on Google and you'll find the
details.

Old September 3rd 05, 07:41 PM
ThaDriver

>I found some pictures on my hard drive which I'm fairly sure are the Pikes
Peak Golf.
I've uploaded them to http://www.wellcheap.com/gallery/Homers-Gallery
http://www.dubsport.com/
have also built 3 twin engined Golfs, website's
being updated now but do a search for Dubsport on Google and you'll find
the
details.
http://www.dubsport.com/
THAT was the one I had saved to favorites! :-)
You had some really cool machines there!
Your site is temporarily down, though....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...

Old September 3rd 05, 07:43 PM
ThaDriver