sealing oil pan 1992 honda accord

Old August 13th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default sealing oil pan 1992 honda accord

Problem: oild in spark plug tubes. Pulled the plug wire out and it's
soaked with oil. I replaced the oil pan gasket myself a while back and
it didn't solve the problem. The shop later on replaced the gasket
again with Honda parts and it didn't solve the problem either. I think
the joining between the upper and lower pans are just too worn out for
a regular seal. Are there any "extra seal" rings that I can buy to
tighten the gap? If there are, please provide the "techincal" name for
them so that can search for them easily. TIA.

Old August 13th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Default oil in spark plug tubes [was sealing oil pan 1992 honda accord]

If there's oil in the spark plug tubes of your 92 Accord,
then there are wo possibilities for the cause:

1) The valve cover (also known as cylinder head cover) seals
(going around the spark plug tubes) are bad. These are easy
to replace.
2) Seals going around the tubes and between the cylinder
head and rocker arm assembly have gone bad. These are more
difficult to replace, but even an amateur like myself was
able to do them at about 170k miles on my 91 Civic. Not all
Hondas have these seals, but your 92 Accord does, per
www.slhonda.com 's parts site.

For details, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id3.html