Valuation, please....

Old May 4th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Valuation, please....

Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:

1999S 156 1.8 TSpark
I *think* it's a Lusso (wood trim, cordroy seats, climate, sunroof)
Steel wheels (eurgh!)
101k miles, 1 owner, full history.
Cambelts done in March this year.
10 months MOT, 5 months tax.

It's up at £1595, what d'you reckon?

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 4th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
> cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:
>
> 1999S 156 1.8 TSpark
> I *think* it's a Lusso (wood trim, cordroy seats, climate, sunroof)
> Steel wheels (eurgh!)
> 101k miles, 1 owner, full history.
> Cambelts done in March this year.
> 10 months MOT, 5 months tax.
>
> It's up at £1595, what d'you reckon?

Going for that 166, aren't you?

Robert

Old May 4th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

RPichler > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
> > cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:
> >
> > 1999S 156 1.8 TSpark
> > I *think* it's a Lusso (wood trim, cordroy seats, climate, sunroof)
> > Steel wheels (eurgh!)
> > 101k miles, 1 owner, full history.
> > Cambelts done in March this year.
> > 10 months MOT, 5 months tax.
> >
> > It's up at £1595, what d'you reckon?
> >

> Going for that 166, aren't you?

Thing is, with 156 prices seeming to be through the floor at the moment,
it would seem foolish to spend another grand on something that's bigger
and slower.

I'd have either, but until a 166 comes up at a similar price, a 156
would shade it at the moment.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 4th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:
> Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
> cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:
>
> 1999S 156 1.8 TSpark
> I *think* it's a Lusso (wood trim, cordroy seats, climate, sunroof)
> Steel wheels (eurgh!)
> 101k miles, 1 owner, full history.
> Cambelts done in March this year.
> 10 months MOT, 5 months tax.
>
> It's up at £1595, what d'you reckon?

I thought all Lussos had the eight hole alloys?

I'd say it was on the cheap side (so your sort of price!) looking at
what is on Autotrader. Glass's list it a bit lower as a part ex so
probably about the right selling price (maybe a bit low as an asking
price with your fearsome reputation). There is a 99S 2.0TS of a similar
spec at the same price - no mention of mileage or cambelts though. Most
of the others around that price need some attention.

Note 1: You can get to Glass's guide by imagining you are buying a
Vauxhall, valuing the car of choice and then suddenly remembering that
you really don't want a Vauxhall after all To avoid the imagining bit
here is a shortcut:

http://vauxhall.co.uk/vx/finance/valueyourcar.do

Note 2: Steve H despite his reputation paid a very fair price for my 33
some time ago!

Cheers
Tony
Old May 4th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Thu, 4 May 2006 19:22:42 +0100, (SteveH),
wrote:

>> > Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
>> > cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:

Hang on, don't you have a 156 2.0 Lusso now?

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 4th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Thu, 04 May 2006 18:35:58 GMT, Tony Rickard
>, wrote:

>I thought all Lussos had the eight hole alloys?

All except those with the five hole alloys I thought :-/

Maybe the alloys were too scuffed/kerbed and the cheap fix was to
slap so steels on it. Sure the "Luxury" all had alloys.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 4th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> > Given that I'm notoriously tight when it comes to shelling out for
> > cars..... can the group give me a valuation on this:
> >
> > 1999S 156 1.8 TSpark
> > I *think* it's a Lusso (wood trim, cordroy seats, climate, sunroof)
> > Steel wheels (eurgh!)
> > 101k miles, 1 owner, full history.
> > Cambelts done in March this year.
> > 10 months MOT, 5 months tax.
> >
> > It's up at £1595, what d'you reckon?

> I thought all Lussos had the eight hole alloys?

I've spoken to a tame expert - he said that it's *possibly* an import
due to the steel wheels. However, it's a standard 1.8 (Lusso got you
leather), but with optional climate, hence the sunroof, which was
standard.

> I'd say it was on the cheap side (so your sort of price!)

Ooooh, handbags ;-)

> looking at
> what is on Autotrader. Glass's list it a bit lower as a part ex so
> probably about the right selling price (maybe a bit low as an asking
> price with your fearsome reputation). There is a 99S 2.0TS of a similar
> spec at the same price - no mention of mileage or cambelts though. Most
> of the others around that price need some attention.
>
> Note 1: You can get to Glass's guide by imagining you are buying a
> Vauxhall, valuing the car of choice and then suddenly remembering that
> you really don't want a Vauxhall after all To avoid the imagining bit
> here is a shortcut:
>
> http://vauxhall.co.uk/vx/finance/valueyourcar.do

Yeah, I don't usually trust those with Alfas / Fiats, though.

> Note 2: Steve H despite his reputation paid a very fair price for my 33
> some time ago!

Heh. It was a price we were both happy with, and it proved a very nice
car for the wife for quite a while.

I'm sort of thinking I really should buy at least a half decent car,
rather than having a string of slightly dodgy stuff I don't *really*
like every 6 to 12 months.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 4th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> Pete wrote:

> > Hang on, don't you have a 156 2.0 Lusso now?
> >
> > Pete

> I lose track Pete, though I'm guessing this is as a replacement for the
> Marea - his & hers 156s?

*ding*

'Our' 156 is actually hers, IYSWIM.

It's not actually a Lusso, it's a standard one, so I'm informed.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL