WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR??

Old June 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

Default WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR??

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

> What is it with electric car fanactics? Do you guys drink some sort of
> wackho koolaid?

Got something better? Maybe a V-34 that gets 40 gallons to a mile? How
about a HYDROGEN car? You know, the kind that does a HINDENBURG when you set
off a spark near it.

> I never said electric cars were impossible. In fact, I pointed out that
> the Electric Ranger Ford built a decade ago was more practical than the
> ridiculous electric limo thing you were touting. You completely gloss over
> all the problem companies have had with electric cars. Yes batteries are
> better now, but they are still the weak link. Heavy, expensive, and full
> of toxic materials. Battery life is still questionable. And the "new"
> batteries that work so well in staged demonstartions don't work so well in
> 100+ degree heat in the summer or -20 degree cold in the winter or after
> they are 5 years old. And then there is the whole problem of cost. And you
> also sort of ignore what would happen to the electric power grid it
> suuddenly we added a few million electric cars to the power demands....

Turbine cars? You are seriously joking. As to the batteries NOT
WORKING - you can tell the Japanese that it is IMPOSSIBLE it won't work when
it is HOT out!

Old June 17th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

> It is not like electric cars are a new thing. People have been promoting
> them as the next great thing for as long as their have been cars. You seem
> to think that a purpose built exibition vehicle proves they are now
> practical. But if this is the case, wouldn't http://www.roadsters.com/750/
> prove we should be driving turbine cars....

Do you REALLY think a JET engine on a car is practical? Talk about
global warming. And you want to drive one of those? REALLY? Where? Do you
think you'll NEED to do 1800 MPH on the road? The electric car at 250 MPH is
more than a bit of overkill. But the prototype proves that the electric car
is more than an average competitor for the GAS HOGS on the road today.Don't
get me wrong, I have had cars I love. Like my 1968 AMX. But I have known
since I was a kid that we were eventually going to have to get off gasoline
and use electric motors. I am not a blind follower of Al Gore, I just
realize that the electric motor is many times more energy efficient that
internal combustion. You DO realize that a gasoline engine WASTES as much as
65% of its energy getting it to the ground don't you? It wastes 45% in the
automatic transmission alone. And that is with the VERY BEST automatics
present technology permits.

Yes I feel that the prototype does prove the electric car is HERE - NOW!
BUT I fully expect the BEAN COUNTERS at GM to say "NO!" I can't tell you how
may colossal BLUNDERS I have witnessed in my lifetime. Chances are 95% you
are reading this on a flat screen and NOT a CRT monitor. It was invented by
an American who took it to EVERY company making computers in America and
called "INSANE" by ALL of them! The trouble is that when you have HARVARD
BUSINESS GENIUSES and you ask them about a new idea, do exactly the opposite
of what they tell you. Those CLOWNS couldn't find their dick with a
flashlight, a road map and a troop of Girl Scouts to help them. They are the
MOST totally CLUELESS assholes on the planet. That movie should have been
named; "Dumb and Dumber and an MBA!" They OWN the franchise on stupidity.

What will we be driving in a hundred years? Probably something solar.
But for sure NOT a HUMMER!

Old June 18th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

"krp" > wrote in message ...

> "M.Butzin" > wrote in message
> news >
>> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
>> is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
>> BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
>> GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>>
>> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But
>> remember
>> a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
>> it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>>
>> It just CANNOT be done..
>>
>> http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528

>> Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

> MB> Damn and I thought my electric bill was high now/ Hmm we had 100 degree
> heat for the last two days tomorrows forecast is 110 degrees. the Orientals
> here are the worst in the fast lane they drive MB> using the Km speed
> applied to MPH speed limits with their four way flashers on.
>
> Marc - keep opposing nuclear power. Watch your power bill soar. When it
> gets to $1K a month will you START to consider having nuclear power???? The
> point is that car is HERE NOW. There are great new batteries being made by
> the Chinese that have more than twice the power of a L-ion battery and
> cheaper to make.

You got me wrong! I never opposed Nuclear Power, Never, Never! No NO NO. our electric bills here are some of the highest in the nation, why because of coal!
Old June 18th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
ray

In article <nuqg35priaqbj0r78ghb517knugshq0rsb@America>,
® > wrote:

> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:19:56 GMT
> From: krp
> MessageID: >
> Newsgroup: talk.politics
>
> >Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
> >thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
> >execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
> >their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
> >"TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
> >MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
> >to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
> >know what an electric car IS.
> >
> > If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
> >amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
> >ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
> >on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
> >REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
> >"How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
> >do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
> >"BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?
> >
> > For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
> >is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
> >BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
> >GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
> >
> > The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
> >a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
> >it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
> >
> >It just CANNOT be done..
> >
> >http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...?0.15775377344
> >322528
> >
> >Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

> In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
> owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
> plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
> the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
> 80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
> years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........

Nobody wanted them! Manufacturers of automobiles only produce selling
models. There are only a handful of environmentalists who will put
their money where their mouths are. And for the life of me, I can't see
calling my boss in the morning and explaining to him how I can't get to
work because of a power outage the night before.

--
Barock Insane Obama: The greatest joke America ever played on itself.
Old June 18th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
ray

In article >,
"M.Butzin" > wrote:

> "krp" > wrote in message
> >
> > "M.Butzin" > wrote in message
> > news > >
> >> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
> >> is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
> >> BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
> >> GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
> >>
> >> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But
> >> remember
> >> a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
> >> it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
> >>
> >> It just CANNOT be done..
> >>
> >> http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...PG?0.157753773
> >> 44322528

> >> Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

> > MB> Damn and I thought my electric bill was high now/ Hmm we had 100 degree
> > heat for the last two days tomorrows forecast is 110 degrees. the Orientals
> > here are the worst in the fast lane they drive MB> using the Km speed
> > applied to MPH speed limits with their four way flashers on.
> >
> > Marc - keep opposing nuclear power. Watch your power bill soar. When it
> > gets to $1K a month will you START to consider having nuclear power????
> > The
> > point is that car is HERE NOW. There are great new batteries being made by
> > the Chinese that have more than twice the power of a L-ion battery and
> > cheaper to make.
> >

> You got me wrong! I never opposed Nuclear Power, Never, Never! No NO NO. our
> electric bills here are some of the highest in the nation, why because of
> coal!

No, that's incorrect. The United States is the Saudi Arabia of coal.
But the environmental regulations on coal is what makes it so expensive.

--
Barock Insane Obama: The greatest joke America ever played on itself.
Old June 18th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

"ray" > wrote in message ...
> In article <nuqg35priaqbj0r78ghb517knugshq0rsb@America>,
> ® > wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:19:56 GMT
>> From: krp
>> MessageID: >
>> Newsgroup: talk.politics
>>
>> >Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
>> >thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
>> >execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
>> >their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
>> >"TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
>> >MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
>> >to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
>> >know what an electric car IS.
>> >
>> > If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
>> >amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
>> >ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
>> >on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
>> >REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
>> >"How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
>> >do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
>> >"BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?
>> >
>> > For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
>> >is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
>> >BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
>> >GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>> >
>> > The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
>> >a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
>> >it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>> >
>> >It just CANNOT be done..
>> >
>> >http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...?0.15775377344
>> >322528
>> >
>> >Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

>> In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
>> owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
>> plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
>> the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
>> 80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
>> years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........

> Nobody wanted them! Manufacturers of automobiles only produce selling
> models. There are only a handful of environmentalists who will put
> their money where their mouths are. And for the life of me, I can't see
> calling my boss in the morning and explaining to him how I can't get to
> work because of a power outage the night before.

Well a little common sense goes a long way Ray, IF you can afford to buy one then most other people will have one also and understand. Double Negatives
Old June 18th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

"ray" > wrote in message ...
> In article >,
> "M.Butzin" > wrote:
>
>> "krp" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "M.Butzin" > wrote in message
>> > news >> >

>> > heat for the last two days tomorrows forecast is 110 degrees. the Orientals
>> > here are the worst in the fast lane they drive MB> using the Km speed
>> > applied to MPH speed limits with their four way flashers on.
>> >
>> > Marc - keep opposing nuclear power. Watch your power bill soar. When it
>> > gets to $1K a month will you START to consider having nuclear power????
>> > The
>> > point is that car is HERE NOW. There are great new batteries being made by
>> > the Chinese that have more than twice the power of a L-ion battery and
>> > cheaper to make.
>> >

>> You got me wrong! I never opposed Nuclear Power, Never, Never! No NO NO. our
>> electric bills here are some of the highest in the nation, why because of
>> coal!

> No, that's incorrect. The United States is the Saudi Arabia of coal.
> But the environmental regulations on coal is what makes it so expensive.

Do you **** in your living room?

No plumes of black smoke float from the Holcomb Station's smokestack into the wide-open Kansas sky, as much of the toxic ash by-products from burning the coal (over 1.5 million tons a year) are scrubbed from the plant's emissions and stored in nearby containment ponds. But Holcomb does emit 1.5 million to 1.7 million tons of carbon dioxide per annum—the invisible greenhouse gas that is the leading driver of human-propelled global warming. This is one of the main reasons many—including Sebelius—opposed the two coal-fired plants, which would have generated more than 11 million tons a year of CO2

Have you ever tried to breathe only CO2? How about that toxic ash? take a swim in that pond and get back to me on the effects............................. then we'll discuss the air quality.
Old June 18th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
ray

In article >,
"M.Butzin" > wrote:

> "ray" > wrote in message
> > In article <nuqg35priaqbj0r78ghb517knugshq0rsb@America>,
> > ® > wrote:
> >
> >> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:19:56 GMT
> >> From: krp
> >> MessageID: >
> >> Newsgroup: talk.politics

> >> In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
> >> owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
> >> plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
> >> the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
> >> 80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
> >> years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........

> > Nobody wanted them! Manufacturers of automobiles only produce selling
> > models. There are only a handful of environmentalists who will put
> > their money where their mouths are. And for the life of me, I can't see
> > calling my boss in the morning and explaining to him how I can't get to
> > work because of a power outage the night before.
> >

> Well a little common sense goes a long way Ray, IF you can afford to buy one
> then most other people will have one also and understand. Double Negatives

It doesn't work that way if I am "forced" to buy one as Hussein desires.

During these warmer months, our illuminating company often warns us of
overusing our air conditioners as the grid cannot handle the demand.
Imagine if half of the population got stuck with these electric cars?

I'm sure this communist would insist we give up our AC to charge our
cars in the name if environmental protection. But explain that one to
my employer who desperately needs my services first thing in the
morning.

--
Barock Insane Obama: The greatest joke America ever played on itself.
Old June 18th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
ray

In article >,
"M.Butzin" > wrote:

> "ray" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> You got me wrong! I never opposed Nuclear Power, Never, Never! No NO NO.
> >> our
> >> electric bills here are some of the highest in the nation, why because of
> >> coal!

> > No, that's incorrect. The United States is the Saudi Arabia of coal.
> > But the environmental regulations on coal is what makes it so expensive.

> Do you **** in your living room?
>
> No plumes of black smoke float from the Holcomb Station's smokestack into the
> wide-open Kansas sky, as much of the toxic ash by-products from burning the
> coal (over 1.5 million tons a year) are scrubbed from the plant's emissions
> and stored in nearby containment ponds. But Holcomb does emit 1.5 million to
> 1.7 million tons of carbon dioxide per annum‹the invisible greenhouse gas
> that is the leading driver of human-propelled global warming. This is one of
> the main reasons many‹including Sebelius‹opposed the two coal-fired plants,
> which would have generated more than 11 million tons a year of CO2
>
> Have you ever tried to breathe only CO2? How about that toxic ash? take a
> swim in that pond and get back to me on the
> effects............................. then we'll discuss the air quality.

Or perhaps we can look towards the country that erects two coal powered
plants per day--China. China, the country with the largest population
in the world. And BTW, no environmental regulations whatsoever.

--
Barock Insane Obama: The greatest joke America ever played on itself.
Old June 18th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

"ray" > wrote in message ...
> In article >,
> "M.Butzin" > wrote:
>
>> "ray" > wrote in message

>> > No, that's incorrect. The United States is the Saudi Arabia of coal.
>> > But the environmental regulations on coal is what makes it so expensive.

>> Do you **** in your living room?
>>
>> No plumes of black smoke float from the Holcomb Station's smokestack into the
>> wide-open Kansas sky, as much of the toxic ash by-products from burning the
>> coal (over 1.5 million tons a year) are scrubbed from the plant's emissions
>> and stored in nearby containment ponds. But Holcomb does emit 1.5 million to
>> 1.7 million tons of carbon dioxide per annum‹the invisible greenhouse gas
>> that is the leading driver of human-propelled global warming. This is one of
>> the main reasons many‹including Sebelius‹opposed the two coal-fired plants,
>> which would have generated more than 11 million tons a year of CO2
>>
>> Have you ever tried to breathe only CO2? How about that toxic ash? take a
>> swim in that pond and get back to me on the
>> effects............................. then we'll discuss the air quality.

> Or perhaps we can look towards the country that erects two coal powered
> plants per day--China. China, the country with the largest population
> in the world. And BTW, no environmental regulations whatsoever.

And that is good how? It's like saying NO SPEED LIMITS anymore, neighborhoods, schools etc. Or no more Garbage pick up deal with it your own way.