NuFinish

Old April 29th 05, 05:32 PM
marlinspike

Um...it's not. That simple. Part of the reason the spartanburg cars'
paint don't look alive like the german cars' paints

Old April 29th 05, 05:33 PM
marlinspike

Old April 29th 05, 05:33 PM
marlinspike

Old April 29th 05, 05:34 PM
marlinspike

Oh, and if you don't believe me, it's simple to fact check. Go to a
body shop that does a good bit of german car repainting. Ask them if
they use the original Glasurit, then ask them why they don't.

Old April 29th 05, 05:35 PM
marlinspike

Sorry about the multi-post. Google groups thing is wierd on the college
isp.

Old April 29th 05, 05:51 PM
Darryl Okahata

"marlinspike" > writes:

> You bring up a good point about the Zaino as I've never heard a
> complaint about them, but I have heard complaints about almost every
> other polymer product. Ignoring the polymer issue, I think there are
> two rules with NuFinish: you get what you pay for and if it's too good
> to be true, it is. NuFinish's commercials make it look like a wonder

You need to hang out in the detailing sections of the various BMW
enthusiast sites. ;-) Both Zaino and Klass are very highly rated (for
polymer sealants). Although, as far as I remember, they're pretty much
the only two polymer sealants talked about (I'm sure there are others,
but the majority of polymer talk seems to revolve around these two
brands).

And, if you're really hardcore, you'll put a P21S/S100 (or similar)
topper on top of the Klass or Zaino. ;-)

I agree about NuFinish. I'd be very surprised if it even came
close to Zaino or Klass.

--
Darryl Okahata

Old April 29th 05, 07:15 PM
Matt O'Toole

marlinspike wrote:

> Compare a new honda to a 1970's Mercedes or BMW and you'll see that
> Honda still sucks big time. I don't put my money in companies that
> don't care about their product.

Would that be the Mercedes with the perenially broken climate control, or the
BMW with the leaky head gasket? I'm old enough to remember both...

Matt O.

Old April 29th 05, 07:22 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Matt O'Toole" > wrote
> marlinspike wrote:
>
>> Compare a new honda to a 1970's Mercedes or BMW and you'll see that
>> Honda still sucks big time. I don't put my money in companies that
>> don't care about their product.

> Would that be the Mercedes with the perenially broken climate control, or
> the
> BMW with the leaky head gasket? I'm old enough to remember both...

Or the mid-to-late '70's Bimmers that all had faded paint, especially on the
hoods?

Floyd - former owner of E21 & E12 faded paint and rusty rocker-panel BMWs

Old April 29th 05, 07:25 PM
Matt O'Toole

Vernon Balbert wrote:

> I just saw a commercial for NuFinish car polish. I've been seeing
> commercials for this since I was a kid and am wondering if its claims
> are even close to truth. Seven bucks (list price) seems to be a good
> deal for something that is as good as it claims to be. I'm just
> curious if anybody has tried it and what thoughts there are about it.

There are dozens of products like this, from many wax companies. At the same
price point they're all about the same.

Some say a German brand of wax/polish is better for a German car, because it's
formulated for German paint. From personal experience this was true back in the
80s -- I had better luck with Bolit and P21s products on my E30 cars. But I
think this is a lot less true than it used to be. Paints have become more
alike, and so have the waxes/polishes. American wax/polish companies go to
great lengths to make their products work on all finishes. It's a very
competitive industry. A Mother's or Maguiar's product is probably just as good
as as similarly priced P21s, etc. As with many things, you don't always get
what you pay for, but you almost never get what you don't pay for.

Matt O.

Old April 30th 05, 10:23 AM
marlinspike

Hehe, Klasse was the only one I was thinking about when I said "almost
every other polymer product" I don't know what it is about those two. I
always do, for a car I wanted to look good and not necessarily have the
wax last long, P21S gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser (0, 1, or 2
coats, depending on paint) and P21S wax (1 or 2 coats depending on
paint).