Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

Old September 24th 08, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

Default Largest Chevrolet Dealer Group CLosing Doors

Bill Heard Enterprises closes its doors

Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
company said in a statement. The company notified the stores’ general
managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

Old September 24th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
necromancer[_4_]

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:53:03 -0400, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Bill Heard Enterprises closes its doors
>
>Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
>dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
>company said in a statement. The company notified the stores’ general
>managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
>who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
>GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

And this:

"As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
where it operated."

Ref:
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/s...2/daily19.html

--
"When you can't afford the gas to drive to the job
that you are fixing to lose to pay for the house you
Old September 25th 08, 03:58 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Paradox[_2_]

What, the government doesn't want to bail out this failing business as
well??

I used to work at the Phoenix Bill Heard store, and believe me, the sales
dept was pretty shady, they made chevy look bad.

"necromancer" > wrote in
message ...

Old September 25th 08, 04:44 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc

On Sep 24, 5:06*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:53:03 -0400, "C. E. White"
>
> > wrote:
> >Bill Heard Enterprises closes its doors

> >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
> >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
> >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
> >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
> >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
> >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups *...

> And this:
>
> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
> where it operated."

Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore.

Old September 25th 08, 05:07 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Jim Higgins

wrote:
> On Sep 24, 5:06 pm, necromancer
> > wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:53:03 -0400, "C. E. White"
>>
>> > wrote:
>>> Bill Heard Enterprises closes its doors
>>> Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
>>> dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
>>> company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
>>> managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
>>> who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
>>> GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

>> And this:
>>
>> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
>> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
>> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
>> where it operated."
>>

> Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
> the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
> as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore.
>

>> Ref:
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/s...2/daily19.html

>> --
>> "When you can't afford the gas to drive to the job
>> that you are fixing to lose to pay for the house you
>> can't afford... That's pretty much the recession
>> tri-fecta..."
>> --Jay Leno

Petty individuals project their inadequacies onto others rather than
examine facts objectively. Your failure.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old September 25th 08, 09:10 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

> wrote in message

> >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
> >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
> >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
> >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
> >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
> >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

> And this:
>
> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
> where it operated."

< Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
< the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
< as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore

Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
small SUV's.
Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman. Chevrolet
excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and then the Harvard
MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles and they wonder
WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER buy a car designed
by a Harvard MBA!

Old September 25th 08, 11:35 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
Gosi

On 25 Sep, 08:10, " krp" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
> > >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
> > >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
> > >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
> > >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
> > >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

> > And this:

> > "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
> > Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
> > bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
> > where it operated."

> < Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
> < the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
> < as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore
>
> * * Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
> Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
> small SUV's.
> Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
> evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman. Chevrolet
> excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and then the Harvard
> MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles and they wonder
> WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER buy a car designed
> by a Harvard MBA!

"they would actually say in the weekly sales meetings, “do anything,
say anything, promise anything, lie if you have to, just get the
people on paper, we’ll worry about the problems later”.

“Attorney Barry Weathers calls Bill Heard “a cancer on the community”
and says the problems reflect the company’s corporate culture. ”

"the largest and nicest looking dealers are the ones that treat you
poorly."

"plenty of businesses that just could not figure out that their star
salesman or distributor was costing them money"
Old September 25th 08, 02:51 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
80_Knight

" krp" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>
>> >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
>> >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
>> >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
>> >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
>> >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
>> >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

>> And this:
>>
>> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
>> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
>> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
>> where it operated."

> < Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
> < the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
> < as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore
>
> Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
> Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
> small SUV's.
> Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
> evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman.
> Chevrolet excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and then
> the Harvard MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles
> and they wonder WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER
> buy a car designed by a Harvard MBA!

You know, you're right. The top rated Chevy Malibu and Impala are junk, as
is the new Camaro. <sarcasm>
You are a Moron.

Old September 25th 08, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

"Gosi" > wrote in message

> > >Bill Heard Enterprises Inc., the world's top-selling Chevrolet
> > >dealership group, is closing the doors at its 13 stores today, the
> > >company said in a statement. The company notified the stores general
> > >managers at 2 p.m. today, said a source familiar with the situation,
> > >who spoke anonymously. High fuel prices, canceled floorplanning from
> > >GMAC Financial Services, a reliance on sales of pickups ...

> > And this:

> > "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
> > Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
> > bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
> > where it operated."

> < Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
> < the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
> < as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore
>
> Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
> Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
> small SUV's.
> Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
> evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman.
> Chevrolet
> excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and then the
> Harvard
> MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40 miles and they
> wonder
> WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight. NEVER buy a car designed
> by a Harvard MBA!

"they would actually say in the weekly sales meetings, “do anything,
say anything, promise anything, lie if you have to, just get the
people on paper, we’ll worry about the problems later”.

“Attorney Barry Weathers calls Bill Heard “a cancer on the community”
and says the problems reflect the company’s corporate culture. ”

You are talking about many Chevy and Ford dealers. Chrysler kind of
cleaned that up some, but screwing people has been their strong suit for the
past 75 years or so.That's why I drive a HONDA.

Old September 25th 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc
krp

"80_Knight" > wrote in message
news

>>> And this:
>>>
>>> "As MBJ sister paper Atlanta Business Chronicle reported in July 2007,
>>> Bill Heard faced a $50 million deceptive advertising lawsuit and was
>>> bombarded with a litany of complaints from consumers in the states
>>> where it operated."

>> < Thanks for the little piece of info. Otherwise, the Jim Higgins' of
>> < the world might otherwise try to use the closing of these dealerships
>> < as proof that Chevys are not selling anymore
>>
>> Chevy is getting its ass kicked in cars by Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
>> Same with pickups. SUV sales are in the toilet for everyone. Except the
>> small SUV's.
>> Chevy has been building junk since the 60's. Brand loyalty is rapidly
>> evaporating. Their market share is the incredible shrinking woman.
>> Chevrolet excited folks with the prototype concept car the "Volt" and
>> then the Harvard MBA's at GM redesigned it from a 400 mile range to 40
>> miles and they wonder WHY the queue to order them evaporated overnight.
>> NEVER buy a car designed by a Harvard MBA!

> You know, you're right. The top rated Chevy Malibu and Impala are junk,
> as is the new Camaro. <sarcasm> You are a Moron.

Thank you for your valuable opinion. Your wit and insight are greatly
appreciated. Top rated by WHO?

window closing using the key Mike Cook BMW 10 May 6th 06 12:03 AM
Boot not closing on 147 Tom Alfa Romeo 0 February 25th 06 05:10 PM
GM Closing Saturn? John Hinson Saturn 1 November 30th 05 06:19 PM
Revard BMW/Indianapolis Closing it's Doors Bmrdude BMW 0 December 15th 04 10:21 PM