Spark Plugs for 89

Old August 26th 04, 05:42 PM
TheKid!

Bosch Platinum 4.

Old August 26th 04, 10:24 PM
Tedd Riggs

Whoa....for once somebody agreed with me <g>

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

m...

Old August 26th 04, 10:24 PM
Tedd Riggs

Whoa....for once somebody agreed with me <g>

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA
1998 C5 6 spd

m...

Old August 27th 04, 03:27 AM
tater

In my 89 I run the AC Delco Rapid-fire.
Have used Bosh but seemed the power was down a little so I changed back.
Don't get me wrong the Bosh plugs idled better but it just seemed they
weren't hot enough to make a complete
burn when I floored it.
Mike

Old August 27th 04, 03:27 AM
tater

Old August 27th 04, 02:53 PM
Black Bomb

Glad you mentioned Rapid Fire. Those are the ones I want to try.

Thanks..Have a great weekend.

.. .

Old August 27th 04, 02:53 PM
Black Bomb

Glad you mentioned Rapid Fire. Those are the ones I want to try.

Thanks..Have a great weekend.

.. .

Old August 27th 04, 11:08 PM
TroY

i ran the rapid fires in my 88 and was not impressed.. too much enging
ping.. switched to SPLITFIRES.. have about 10K on the splitfires with no
problems..

troy
88 35th anniversary

Old August 27th 04, 11:08 PM
TroY

Old August 28th 04, 11:42 PM
TheKid!

Lets talk about Bosch for a minute.
If you look under the hood of your c4 you will see a smattering of OEM
Bosch parts, considering Bosch plugs is not a sin from a purists'
point of view, therefore.
They are German, which for many years has stood for good engineering.
There is some truth to this I hate to admit.
If you like the Splitfires, and I have used them in many applications,
then you will love the Bosch p4s'. Their spark arc is even greater
being split between 4 contacts. Besides Bosch owns splitfire anyway.
As far as I am concerned their are only 2 ways to go OEM AC Delco or
Bosch p4.
If you have any issues with them you can try some Accel goodies on you
ditributor, even if it is just the cap, as well as some good
performance oriented wires.
Just doing the plugs is never enough to really notice anything anyway.
You can't really expect to see performance GAINS from a simple plug
upgrade. You know you have good plugs when you don't know they are
there, meaning there is no noticeable performance lag. When your
engine is running smoothly and is responsive and you are getting gas
mileage the manufacturer says you should, then, your plugs are doing
their job.