Phatnoise Q

Old December 19th 04, 04:59 PM
HooHa

Default Phatnoise Q

$400 at the dealer (believe that includes installation).

How difficult is the installation? Is it possible to buy one elsewhere and
install it yourself? If so - any suggestions as to where to find one?

TIA

Old December 21st 04, 01:19 PM
Andy Turner

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:59:37 -0800, "HooHa" > wrote:

>$400 at the dealer (believe that includes installation).
>
>How difficult is the installation? Is it possible to buy one elsewhere and
>install it yourself? If so - any suggestions as to where to find one?

I fitted mine myself, into a 2000 S4. Piece of ****. The hardest bit
was getting the CD changer out.

andyt

Old December 22nd 04, 09:35 AM
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Can you only get this at the dealer then?

If not, where?

--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

Old December 22nd 04, 09:52 AM
Peter Bell

In message <Jdbyd.1745$Y57.1240@trnddc08>
"AustinMini.OsiTech.Net" (remove)> wrote:

> Can you only get this at the dealer then?
>
> If not, where?

Audi/PhatNoise have a marketing agreement whereby the Audi version of
the PhatBox is only available through Audi channels. Under this
agreement, PhatNoise are not permitted to market the Audi version
directly or through other retailers.

If you want an Audi PhatBox, you must go to an Audi dealer.

Old December 22nd 04, 09:19 PM
Andy Turner

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:52:11 GMT, Peter Bell >
wrote:

>In message <Jdbyd.1745$Y57.1240@trnddc08>
> "AustinMini.OsiTech.Net" (remove)> wrote:
>
>> Can you only get this at the dealer then?
>>
>> If not, where?

>Audi/PhatNoise have a marketing agreement whereby the Audi version of
>the PhatBox is only available through Audi channels. Under this
>agreement, PhatNoise are not permitted to market the Audi version
>directly or through other retailers.
>
>If you want an Audi PhatBox, you must go to an Audi dealer.

Or eBay.

Since I'm in the UK, Audi over here don't even know what I'm talking
about when I say Phatnoise (or at least they didn't last year when I
got mine). I bought it from a guy in the US on eBay last year (called
"vwaudiparts"), but he doesn't seem to have any others for sale at the
minute. Other people do though.

andyt

Old December 22nd 04, 10:14 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
Andy Turner > wrote:

> Since I'm in the UK, Audi over here don't even know what I'm talking
> about when I say Phatnoise (or at least they didn't last year when I
> got mine).

They certainly should do now. The PhatBox has been available through UK
Audi dealers for a little while now. Do be aware, though, that the
company name is PhatNoise - the device you wanted is a PhatBox.

Old December 22nd 04, 10:47 PM
Richard Goulding

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> Andy Turner > wrote:
>
> > Since I'm in the UK, Audi over here don't even know what I'm talking
> > about when I say Phatnoise (or at least they didn't last year when I
> > got mine).

> They certainly should do now. The PhatBox has been available through UK
> Audi dealers for a little while now. Do be aware, though, that the
> company name is PhatNoise - the device you wanted is a PhatBox.
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

'bellfamily')

Do you know how much UK dealers are charging for it ?

Thanks

Richard

Old December 23rd 04, 10:01 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Richard Goulding" > wrote:

> "Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> > The PhatBox has been available through UK Audi dealers for a little
> > while now.

> Do you know how much UK dealers are charging for it ?

The commonly quoted price seems to be around £700, but I believe that
this includes installation.

Old December 23rd 04, 10:19 AM
Richard Goulding

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Richard Goulding" > wrote:
>

> > "Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> > > The PhatBox has been available through UK Audi dealers for a little
> > > while now.

> > Do you know how much UK dealers are charging for it ?

> The commonly quoted price seems to be around £700, but I believe that
> this includes installation.
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with

'bellfamily')

Thanks for the info. I think it may be significantly cheaper to source it
from the US and do the necessary things to make it work and install it
myself.

An example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD2V

Richard

Old December 24th 04, 04:27 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"HooHa" > wrote:

> This is the voice-controlled model - right?

What voice-controlled model???

> Did you have to mount a microphone in the cabin somewhere?

What's the microphone for?

PhatNoise Troy Bruder Audi 2 July 10th 04 05:24 PM
Phatnoise Digital Car Audio system Samu Audi 3 June 24th 04 02:51 PM