Idling problems with Honda Accord (99)

Old April 12th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Idling problems with Honda Accord (99)

I have a Honda accord 99 which was gas converted a year ago. I have a
major idling problem, soon as the engine management light comes on the
car starts stalling everytime i slow down. The rev counter fluctuates
below 1000rpm and cuts out.
Today i took it to the honda dealer to have it checked and they ran a
diagnostic, found the fault code (P1382) and cleared it. but its still
stalling.

Can anyone please help!!!!

Rouhel

Old April 14th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Cousin It

Sounds like you have a bad cylinder position sensor according to the code.
Unfortunately I believe that on your car the CYP sensor is an integral part
of the distributor.

ups.com...

Old April 18th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Richard[_4_]

I also have a 1999 Honda accord and have a similar problem. My car is the
2.0 litre pertol and has only done 45000 miles. Most of the time it drives
well but the idle seems to be slower than it was and every so often it will
cut out at low revs. Also I have noticed that the automated engine surge in
revs (that hondas have) on gear change seems to have gone. I'd be keen to
hear about any fix that can be found.

Regards Richard

Old May 14th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 18 Apr, 19:17, "Richard" > wrote:
> I also have a 1999Hondaaccordand have a similar problem. My car is the
> 2.0 litre pertol and has only done 45000 miles. Most of the time it drives
> well but the idle seems to be slower than it was and every so often it will
> cut out at low revs. Also I have noticed that the automated engine surge in
> revs (that hondas have) on gear change seems to have gone. I'd be keen to
> hear about any fix that can be found.
>
> Regards Richard"Cousin It" > wrote in message

> > Sounds like you have a bad cylinder position sensor according to the code.
> > Unfortunately I believe that on your car the CYP sensor is an integral
> > part of the distributor.

> > > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >>I have aHondaaccord99 which was gas converted a year ago. I have a
> >> majoridlingproblem, soon as the engine management light comes on the
> >> car starts stalling everytime i slow down. The rev counter fluctuates
> >> below 1000rpm and cuts out.
> >> Today i took it to thehondadealer to have it checked and they ran a
> >> diagnostic, found the fault code (P1382) and cleared it. but its still
> >> stalling.

> >> Can anyone please help!!!!

> >> Rouhel- Hide quoted text -

I've just had my car checked by another mechanic. He tuned up the car
properly and said the guy that I had the conversion done originally
didnt tune anything. The temperature and fuel readings were all over
the place and he didnt even install a temp regulator. Which is
probably why it wasnt idling properly.

So anyone interested in having your car converted to gas : DONT GO TO
PRESTIGE LPG IN BIRMINGHAM. THEY HAVNT GOT A CLUE & THEY'LL NEVER GIVE
U ANY HELP AFTER THEY'VE MESSED UP YOUR CAR!!!! I dont know why they
call themselves PRESTIGE. THEY SHOULD BE CALLED... PRESTIGE ****
UPS!!!

rouhel

Old May 24th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 14 May, 10:01, wrote:
> On 18 Apr, 19:17, "Richard" > wrote:
>

> > I also have a 1999Hondaaccordand have a similar problem. My car is the
> > 2.0 litre pertol and has only done 45000 miles. Most of the time it drives
> > well but the idle seems to be slower than it was and every so often it will
> > cut out at low revs. Also I have noticed that the automated engine surge in
> > revs (that hondas have) on gear change seems to have gone. I'd be keen to
> > hear about any fix that can be found.

> > Regards Richard"Cousin It" > wrote in message

> > > Sounds like you have a bad cylinder position sensor according to the code.
> > > Unfortunately I believe that on your car the CYP sensor is an integral
> > > part of the distributor.

> > oups.com...

> I've just had my car checked by another mechanic. He tuned up the car
> properly and said the guy that I had the conversion done originally
> didnt tune anything. The temperature and fuel readings were all over
> the place and he didnt even install a temp regulator. Which is
> probably why it wasnt idling properly.
>
> So anyone interested in having your car converted to gas : DONT GO TO
> PRESTIGE LPG IN BIRMINGHAM. THEY HAVNT GOT A CLUE & THEY'LL NEVER GIVE
> U ANY HELP AFTER THEY'VE MESSED UP YOUR CAR!!!! I dont know why they
> call themselves PRESTIGE. THEY SHOULD BE CALLED... PRESTIGE ****
> UPS!!!
>
> rouhel- Hide quoted text -

I'm having all the problems you already had with my gas converted
Honda Accord. Could you let me know which mechanic sorted your car out
so I can do the same?????

Would appreciate the help!

Thanks

AZ