1974 Convertible w/68K Miles Value

Old September 1st 04, 01:54 PM
Vince Putman

Default 1974 Convertible w/68K Miles Value

I have owned a 1974 Corvette Convertible since 1976, and now as a certified
member of the OFC, I no longer need it to lure women -- got one! It
really has only 68k miles on it, and is a no frills plain unmodified machine
that runs great. It's not restored, just well taken care of and kept in a
garage since day one.

Any idea what it's true worth is or where I could find out???

TIA, Vince

Old September 1st 04, 10:32 PM

Go to NADA Price Guides on the web. And they will give you a 'low
retail' and a 'high retail' price for it. Vette Magazine in May 2004,
says your car in number 3 condition (average)...coupe...is $9500.00 .
HOWEVER, you have pretty low mileage so id ask a bit more than that.

Good luck. Advertise it in Chevy and Corvette Trader Online and in the
Corvette Forums on the web.

Dave

Old September 1st 04, 10:33 PM

Convertible is listed for : $14,500 in number 3 condition.

Old September 1st 04, 10:33 PM

Convertible is listed for : $14,500 in number 3 condition.

Old September 2nd 04, 04:05 PM
Vince Putman

Thanks Dave,

I am now trying to find the places you told me about. If you know the
actual links to the "Chevy and Corvette Trader" and the "Corvette Forums",
it would help a lot. And thanks again for the price info. I had been told
that only the steel bumper corvette's made before 1973 had good resale
value. Mine were replaced with the new material provided by GM after the
old ones fell off!!

Vince,

Old September 2nd 04, 04:05 PM
Vince Putman