Follow-up '94GT dies

Old April 28th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Follow-up '94GT dies

While I haven't had the car die while driving I've experienced starting
problems.
The tach will bounce up while cranking. That, as I understand the earlier
suggestions, seems to rule out the ignition module. When it does start it
starts instantly. Could the problem be in the ignition switch itself? Are
there any relays that can be malfunctioning that I should test?

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old April 28th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Richard" > wrote:

> While I haven't had the car die while driving I've experienced starting
> problems.
> The tach will bounce up while cranking. That, as I understand the

earlier
> suggestions, seems to rule out the ignition module. When it does start

it
> starts instantly. Could the problem be in the ignition switch itself?

Are
> there any relays that can be malfunctioning that I should test?

No, the tach bounce, one tick when you switch ign on..bounce while crank,
rules out the switch and ignition for quick-diagnosis of intermittent
fail to starts, or warmed engine fail-to-starts.. not 100% but as a
roadmap in finding the problem. Meaning it would seem the spark is good,
time to check fuel delivery.

But that doesnt rule out the coil or plug wires... esp if this occurs on
damp days when engine cold.

Next thing to try is modifying fuel delivery while cranking:

Floor the accel while cranking delivers less gas through injectors..
then
pump accel while cranking delivers more.

Do it in that order.

Sorry if you know that but amazingly to me, many dont.

NOW the issue is how it runs and idles once you get it started.

you pay..DEAL with it!