Wax a new car?

Old April 28th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Wax a new car?

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:36:59 -0400, Mrs Ken Ehrett >
wrote:

>On 26 Apr 2006 18:13:51 -0700, wrote:
>
>>Nu Finish??? bad idea man....
>>
>>That is an abrasive cleaner/coat...
>>
>>You should just use a polymer sealant...

>Q: What is the difference between a polish and a conventional wax?
>
>A: Conventional waxes don't last long because the common ingredient in
>these products, carnauba wax, breaks down quickly from everyday
>conditions. Neither Nu Finish Liquid nor Paste Car Polish contain
>carnauba waxes. No other liquid or paste products can make that claim!

OF not having carnauba in it ? I think there are some that can. There
are some synthetic waxes out there that don't use Carnauba. I use
Klasse all in one and it's great. Holds up very well in hot climates
unlike carnauba based waxes.

Old April 28th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> wrote done said:

> Nu Finish is a "Polish".. That means its not good for a new car car.
> Use A polymer sealant. Wash car, use polymer sealnt.. then use a nice
> glaze for extra protection...
>
> NU finish is crap.. Don't put that crap on your beatiful new car.. Nu
> Finish is for old cars that lost its shine and what not..
>
> Forget what they say.... Don't use it. That's my 2 cents..

I have used nothing but Nu Finish for my last four cars, including my 2001 GT
for the last five years. It has neither scratched nor damaged any of my cars
at any time.

The only time I was disappointed in it was when I expected it to act as a
polish, when I was trying to buff out a minor scratch. It won't do that, but
then it wasn't meant to.

- Max -
=======
My vision would turn your world upside down,
tear asunder your illusions and send the
sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing
down around you. - Huey Freeman

Old April 28th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I used to use NuFinish but then I switched to Zaino due to its
popularity on the automotive message boards.

www.ZainoBros.com

here's pics of my friend's Infiniti G35 after a Zaino application.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/I...ino/index.html