Give Away for this group only - july only

Old July 5th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Default Give Away for this group only - july only

Free Kelmark for people of this group.
July only
After that I will put it under a tarp for another ten years. Or something.

Hello, folks. As some of you know, I have too many cars and each needs a
bit of work to make them just right. I need to focus on them.

And then there is an exception - a Kelmark GT that sits in the drive
wasting space. It is not a runner. It was assembled by a jackass (not
me) over an IRS bug chassis and left outside for ten years. Lowered pans
are remarkably good - the rest of the chassis is junk and the chassis
fabrication to fit the long body of the Kelmark is Mickey Mouse bad.

It's all about the hard to come by Kelmark GT body that I had planned to
sand and sell. Life is too short. I got too many other things to do.

It cannot be towed unless you can fix the right front (maybe other)
wheel and put wheels and tires on it (either 4-bolt ACVW or Chevy. It's
on adapters. The wheels are the originals and I'd like $200 for the set
or I'll keep them.

FREE. Just get the whole thing out of my drive. If you like, I can make
some pictures today and put them on a website.

It is in beautiful Winona, Minnesota which is in far SouthEast, closer
to Wisconsin and Iowa than Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota.

Email me. Reverse the words in my address.

John Stafford

July only!
Old July 5th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

John wrote:
> Free Kelmark for people of this group.

A great deal for somebody. Good thing I'm too far away or I'd be heading
that way. I have too many projects already.

Les
Old July 5th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 5, 8:21*am, John > wrote:
> Free Kelmark for people of this group.
> July only
> After that I will put it under a tarp for another ten years. Or something..
>
> Hello, folks. As some of you know, I have too many cars and each needs a
> bit of work to make them just right. I need to focus on them.
>
> And then there is an exception - a Kelmark GT that sits in the drive
> wasting space. It is not a runner. It was assembled by a jackass (not
> me) over an IRS bug chassis and left outside for ten years. Lowered pans
> are remarkably good - the rest of the chassis is junk and the chassis
> fabrication to fit the long body of the Kelmark is Mickey Mouse bad.
>
> It's all about the hard to come by Kelmark GT body that I had planned to
> sand and sell. Life is too short. I got too many other things to do.
>
> It cannot be towed unless you can fix the right front (maybe other)
> wheel and put wheels and tires on it (either 4-bolt ACVW or Chevy. It's
> on adapters. The wheels are the originals and I'd like $200 for the set
> or I'll keep them.
>
> FREE. Just get the whole thing out of my drive. If you like, I can make
> some pictures today and put them on a website.
>
> It is in beautiful Winona, Minnesota which is in far SouthEast, closer
> to Wisconsin and Iowa than Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota.
>
> Email me. Reverse the words in my address.
>
> John Stafford
>
> July only!

Yep, better make some pictures of it.

Randy
Old July 5th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 5, 8:21*am, John > wrote:
> Free Kelmark for people of this group.
> July only
> After that I will put it under a tarp for another ten years. Or something..
>
> Hello, folks. As some of you know, I have too many cars and each needs a
> bit of work to make them just right. I need to focus on them.
>
> And then there is an exception - a Kelmark GT that sits in the drive
> wasting space. It is not a runner. It was assembled by a jackass (not
> me) over an IRS bug chassis and left outside for ten years. Lowered pans
> are remarkably good - the rest of the chassis is junk and the chassis
> fabrication to fit the long body of the Kelmark is Mickey Mouse bad.
>
> It's all about the hard to come by Kelmark GT body that I had planned to
> sand and sell. Life is too short. I got too many other things to do.
>
> It cannot be towed unless you can fix the right front (maybe other)
> wheel and put wheels and tires on it (either 4-bolt ACVW or Chevy. It's
> on adapters. The wheels are the originals and I'd like $200 for the set
> or I'll keep them.
>
> FREE. Just get the whole thing out of my drive. If you like, I can make
> some pictures today and put them on a website.
>
> It is in beautiful Winona, Minnesota which is in far SouthEast, closer
> to Wisconsin and Iowa than Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota.
>
> Email me. Reverse the words in my address.
>
> John Stafford
>
> July only!

Was this the one you picked up in York Nebraska ?

Randy
Old July 5th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

I wonder what the **** people expect for free.

Old July 5th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

wrote:

> Was this the one you picked up in York Nebraska ?

No. That was a GTII. What I am giving away is a KELMARK. I took it in to
help a guy out. I'm writing it off.
Old July 5th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 5, 11:45*am, John > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Yep, better make some pictures of it.

> I wonder what the **** people expect for free.

I'm just curious as to what it looks like.
I've only seen 1 kelmark gt over the years and it had a built up
ford v6 in the back of it. Pretty slick cars if I recall.

Randy
Old July 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Well if someone needs a custom roll bar for a Kelmark like that one, email
me! ;-)
I have not built any more kit cars in decades.
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

m...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelmark_Engineering

Old July 6th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

I'll reshoot the pictures on a less contrasty day.

The white is where the sanding is complete.